Concept Nova is a subsidiary of the Concept Group andis Africa’s fastest growing technology solutions company, specialising in Business Intelligence, Asset Management and Remote Monitoring solutions.
Concept Nova delivers technology-driven solutions that increases transparency, efficiency, cost savings and revenue generation. Serving over 200 clients across diverse industries, we are changing the face of technology development by delivering premium services at competitive prices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Project Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
- Understand needs by fully comprehending the project’s objectives, end result, satisfactory time frame, budget and required resources.
- Properly time all the activities for the completion of projects and prepare for any delays in any of the activities.
- Improve systems by studying current practices, designing modifications and providing solutions to business-related problems with the use of technology
- Research, analyze and Create informative, actionable and repeatable reports that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement
- Ensure resource allocation, results and follows up with all processes with the aim to do things better, faster, and cheaper whenever possible and without sacrificing quality.
- Serve as a Liaison and as a source of consistency throughout a project between the Software team and other departments, fielding questions and providing information for everyone involved.
- Effectively communicate insights and plans to cross-functional teams and management members.
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes
- Assist in training users or writing instruction manuals for applications deployed.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Prepare and provide timely status/technical reports to all interested parties by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Any other tasks as approved and assigned by management and/or line manager.
Qualifications / Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Software Development Management, Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ cognitive experience in Software Project Management
- Advanced education, professional certification/membership will be an added advantage
- A background in key programming languages, testing procedures, and the likes
- Good understanding of the role and the requirements
- Exceptional planning, organizational, analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and define the scope, resource, activity and sequences of all software projects
- Turn the desires of the company into technical requirements that the software development team understands
- Develop schedules, budgets and estimate time and costs.
- Set out the project boundaries and scope for projects, delegate different activities and ensure their timely completion.
- Create and execute the plan of action and ensure that it is properly monitored and enforced along the way.
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks and issues, monitor and report Progress
- Performs a project review with the software development team to document any lessons learned from the software development processes.
- Oversees software testing, delivery and formal acceptance by the applicable end user.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.