Owens and Xley is a business consulting and advisory company. We offer strategic services in the areas of business advisory, business development and planning to small businesses that would otherwise not have access to the technical competencies available to bigger companies.
We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs, and the initial capital challenges faced by small a business, which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that the small business owners still have access to the technical skill but at a fraction of the cost. We aim to help entrepreneurs and small business owners get better business results with less cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin and Operations Manager
- The Administrative/Operations Manager ensures the smooth running of the company on a day-to-day basis.
- S/he oversees the operations of all departments and employees in the company and ensures that every employee performs in line with the company’s expectations.
- S/he also ensures customers’ orders are taken and deadlines for collection are met; solves customers’ complaints; mediates on staff issues; and ensures the company operates at maximum efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
General Administrative duties:
- Supervises the cleaners to ensure that the office has been swept, mopped and dusted every morning in preparation for the day ahead.
- Ensures that all toilets are washed and properly cleaned daily.
- Ensures that all toilet supplies, hand sanitizers, handwash, towels, tissues papers, etc. are replaced as soon as they finish
- Ensures that the office is well scented in the morning and diffuser sticks are rotated
- Checks that the ambience of the studio is maintained by checking diffusers and scents
- Ensures that all fabrics in the fitting and changing room have been properly folded and arranged in a very coordinated and aesthetically pleasing manner
- Ensures that all previously fitted outfits have been removed from the fitting/changing room in preparation for either alterations or pick-up
- Ensures that items to be picked up are taken to the alteration room immediately, tagged appropriately and altered as soon as possible in time for pick up
- Ensure that all alterations are done in line with the alteration form
- Ensures that items ready for pick up or shipping must be folded and packed up immediately
- Ensures that DHL and other logistic companies’ items are weighed and arrangements made for delivery immediately
- Ensures that after each consultation, the consultation room/reception/fitting room is cleaned, the fabric is tagged with the customer’s name and given to the production officer/supervisor to put on the production time table
- Ensures that the mannequins on display are properly clothed at ALL times and the display area looks luxurious at all times.
- Ensures that the trash in the stores are emptied daily and the overall trash is emptied weekly
- Ensures that all tailoring supplies, e.g. net, lining, zips, etc. are properly arranged, accounted for and placed in their appropriate storage throughout the day
- Ensures that the changing room/fitting room is cleaned immediately after every fitting and the carpet is swept of all dirt from fabrics, threads, etc.
- Schedules maintenance and repair of equipment
- Oversees the day to day operations of the company
- Ensures that PHCN units are recharged 200 units before they are exhausted
- Liaises with the gateman and supervises him to get a daily report on diesel and PHCN usage and the quantity in stock
- Ensures invoice numbers are recorded and payments made in due time
- Liaises with the gateman and ensure that the generator is serviced on the due date and the technician is paid immediately
- Ensures that all appliances (lightbulbs, pressing iron, air conditioning units, sewing machines) etc. are switched off when not in use. The air conditioning units in the fitting room should only be turned on when being used or 5 minutes before a fitting
- Ensures that only one air conditioning unit (downstairs in the reception area) is turned on except in extremely hot cases where customers are in the reception area
- Ensures all windows are closed when the Ac is on
- Checks that the air conditioning unit in the kitchen is only turned on while cooking i.e. permanently shut down/off during work hours
- Ensures that ALL appliances are turned off before closing for the day
- Reports faulty appliances and contact a technician to examine and fix them appropriately.
- Change all pressing irons every 6 months
- Contacts a plumber for faulty plumbing issues immediately they are noticed.
- Creates and maintains a database of vendors, suppliers, engineers, technicians including their contact details and account numbers in excel.
- Sends weekly and monthly report of electricity usage, utilities, and supplies.
- Creates budgets
- Takes responsibility for the company’s affairs.
- HND or B.Sc in any related discipline
- Professional certification in management would be a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in an administrative/operations role
- High level of professionalism
- Organizational and coordination skills
- Result-oriented team player with exceptional motivation and interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Good initiative, time and stress management skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools especially Word and Excel
- Good color coordination and aesthetic management skills are required
- Leading and supervising skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong adherence to principles and values
- Networking skills
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Must be able to prepare management reports and correspondence
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Ability to deliver results and meet customer expectations
- Keen eye for detail
- Sociable and friendly
- Confident and pleasant
- Ability to cope with pressures and setbacks
- Ability to achieve personal work goals and objectives
Deadline: 12th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF to: email@example.com using “Admin and Operations Manager” as the subject of the mail
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Good luck!