54gene was founded in 2019 by Dr. Abasi Ene-Obong to address the significant gap in the global genomics market; Nearly 90% of genetic material used in pharmaceutical research is Caucasian. Only 2% is African, despite the fact that Africans and people of African ancestry are more genetically diverse than all other world populations combined.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate/Senior Associate, Strategy
Zip / Postal Code: 105102
Employment Type: Full time
Departments: Business Development & Strategy
Reports to: Director, Strategy & Business Development
- We are looking for an Associate/Senior Associate, Strategy with the ability to clearly combine sound scientific knowledge with business acumen and analytical skills to support corporate growth and development and creation for long-term value for the Organization. S/he supports top management by identifying and providing market analysis, internal strategy support, evaluating new business opportunity including partnership opportunity and research studies that enables the company builds its dataset, and innovations that bolster the company’s technology and AI capabilities.
- The Associate together with the Director of Strategy and Business development, sources and evaluate partnership opportunities, coordinate cross-functional evaluation and negotiate partnership agreements.
- Search and evaluate potential opportunities that align with cooperate growth priorities and support long-term growth.
- Develop rebuts financial models (revenue model and valuations) to enable the Organization access upsides opportunities.
- Facilitate scientific and economic evaluation of co-development deals, joint ventures and other partnership.
- Provide support in designing research partnerships that support company’s long-term goal and bolsters the ecosystem partnership.
- Provide strategic recommendations and guidance to country team and business unit to improve business processes and decision making.
- Reach out externally and internally to share company’s business development vision and strategy.
- Support internal strategic projects by conducting analysis to help business units identify gaps and enhancing problem solving.
- Other duties around strategy and corporate development as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of science and medicine, including genomics, molecular diagnostics and the biopharma industry.
- Financial modelling skills and strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences, internally and externally.
- Creative, entrepreneurial thinker with ability to see opportunities where others may not and think creatively on behalf of (potential) clients.
- Capable of managing projects and deadlines with autonomy.
- Ability to thrive in a complex, cross-functional and science-driven environment.
- Ability to interface effectively with all-levels of staff across differing functional expertise within the organization, including Legal, Finance, Research & Operations and Data Science .
- Superior interpersonal skills, with emphasis on relationship building and networking.
- Cross-cultural competency; ability to work with a diverse, global team.
- English fluency, fluency in French is a plus.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or a Life Sciences related field.
- 2 – 4+ years of experience in healthcare strategy, digital health, pharmaceutical, biotechnology or consumer goods.
- Experience in strategy, management consulting and/or investment banking highly desirable.
- Global health experience and experience working in developing economies desirable.
- Experience with identifying and analyzing commercial opportunities in the life sciences and healthcare space.
- Extensive experience in market research and analytics.
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, swiftly changing entrepreneurial environment; experience in rapidly growing companies, preferred.
- Experience working in a company based in multiple locations, preferred; global experience and experience with global plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Equal Opportunity Employer:
- 54gene celebrates diversity and is proud to be an inclusive employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, marital status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a mental or physical disability, or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristics.