Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clearing Manager
Location: Apapa, Lagos
- Lead the customs clearance of all FMN group imports: Bulk products (Wheat, Fertilizer, Sugar) and containerized products as well as all air shipments.
- Develop logistics processes for efficient delivery and container turn-around time aimed at zero demurrage, both within the port of discharge and at the factory premises.
- Put in place a process that brings about visibility for Cargo tracking, rent waiver, and claims arising from short shipment, theft and damages with the shipping, terminal operators and insurance companies.
- Responsible for managing the relationship with customs and other regulatory agencies to ensure the On-Time-In-Full (OTIF) delivery of all FMN consignments.
- Interpret fiscal and monetary policies that Impact on FMN’s import and export interests across the group in line with the efficient and lawful execution of all these activities using appropriate tariffs to ensure optimal cost savings.
- Train and build capability of FMN resources to be leading edge in Customs clearance.
- Act as the in-house expert on clearing, HS code tariffs and relevant governmental agencies and policies
- First degree in any related course.
- Minimum of 8 years cognate experience.
The Person Must:
- Possess good knowledge of the customs and excise management act
- Be able to plan, assign, direct and review the work of direct reports and provide instruction in a manner to improve performance and high morale.
- Be team oriented, adaptable and dependable.
- Have Financial knowledge and Microsoft suite competence.
- Have preferably hands-on experience in procurement and logistics of an established manufacturing company.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online