African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation (AFRYDEV) is a youth led non-governmental, non-proﬁt and non-sectarian development organization established in 2013 with the mission to serve as a platform for enlightenment and empowerment of youth society for peace and development through active participation by mainstreaming their issues and concerns into national development agenda based on United Nation Sustainable Development Goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender and Protection Officer (Intern)
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Contract Period: 6 months
Report to: Program Coordinator
Commencement Date: Immediately
- With funding / technical support from UN-women under Spotlight Initiative project, African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation, (AFRYDEV) has partnered with other women lead NGOs in Yobe State on 2 Years project to strengthen women participation through leadership development, empowerment and livelihood.
- The primary goal of the project is to reduce the risk of gender base violence in Yobe State with broader regional response.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assumed responsibility of gender mainstreaming, coordination, supervision and planning in accordance with project requirements.
- Provide professional and confidential services to survivors of GBV, grounded in the AFRYDEV holistic, survivor-centered case management approach.
- Support the maintenance of the AFRYDEV case management system by maintaining client confidentiality at all time
- Participate in the development of case management monitoring systems and help to ensure that GBV case workers and PSS Volunteers utilize these systems correctly and consistently.
- Ensure accurate data entry into the protection information management system and the development of an internal database to track referrals of services.
- Support and facilitate different interventions on gender perspectives to ensure coherence and procedures in service delivery.
- Organized and facilitate training of GBV actors and community stakeholders on GBV prevention and response.
- Attend Protection Sectors meetings and support development and implementation of sector strategic objectives.
- Ensure compliance with standard operation procedures on GBV and gender sensitive programming by providing day to day guidance on interventions.
- Work closely with partners, agencies and civil societies to formulate a coordinated response in other to compile and prepare quality monthly progress reports.
- Involved in collection of data on analysis of sex-and age disaggregation by streamlining the need of survivors.
- Record and maintain documents on relevant Program activities, issues, and risks.
- Manage technical implementation of the program and ensure synergies with other program teams members.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Social Science is required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working on development funded programs
- Strong knowledge of donor procurement, rules and regulations.
- Understanding organizational goals and objectives and strong adherence to guidelines
- Support the organizations meet goals and objectives
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Inclusive collaboration and stakeholder engagement capacity (Essential)
- Strong program formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports to inform management and strategic decision-making
- Strong communication skills and report writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks
- Awareness and Sensitivity regarding gender issues
- Good understanding of Yobe State local context not limited to culture and traditions.
- Fluency in Hausa and Kanuri is an added advantage
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
Deadline: 18th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter as single PDF document addressed to “African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation, (AFRYDEV)” via: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com using the Position tittle” as subject of the email.
- AFRYDEV is an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate gender, religion or ethnicity.
- AFRYDEV recruitment and selection procedures do not involve any form of payment to the organization, staff and or any assigned third party, request of such kinds should be immediately reported.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.