Eden Solutions and Resources Limited – Our client, an international school with British Curriculum located in Maitama, Abuja is looking to recruit a well experienced Teachers for the position below:
Job Title: Geography / History Teacher
Location: Maitama, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full Time
- Ideal candidate will handle the two subjects, prepare and give lesson and ensure excellent performance of students in subject areas.
Requirements / Qualification
- Bachelor’s of Education Degree in Geography/History/related course or BSc. plus PDGE
- Master’s in Education will be an added advantage
- TRCN Certification
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Social Studies/Geography Teacher in an international school
- IGCSE / CIE experience
- Confident and competent user of ICT
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to assess student work accurately and precisely using criteria.
- To assist in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of learning, marking policies and teaching strategies in the Curriculum area.
- To plan and prepare courses and lessons.
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/ Form Tutor.
- To track student progress and use information to inform teaching and learning.
- To communicate effectively with the parents of students as appropriate.
- Where appropriate, to communicate and co-operate with persons or bodies outside the school.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To use a variety of delivery methods which will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and demands of the syllabus.
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
- To use and develop the application of I.C.T. in your curriculum area.
- To take part in the school’s staff development programme by participating in arrangements for further training and professional development.
- To follow agreed policies for communications in the school.
- To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
- To contribute to the whole school’s planning activities.
Deadline: 15th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicant should send their CV in PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of mail.