GZ Industries is the first Alumunium beverage can manufacturing company in West Africa with state-of-the-art factories in Aba, Agbara and South Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Officer
Employment Type: Full time
- Assist with the planning of internal audit work programmes.
- Participate in all entrance and exit meetings with audit client to address process/control gaps and agree on all issues with timelines for resolution.
- Perform internal audit fieldwork, reviewing exposure to risk and the effectiveness of the controls in place to mitigate risks.
- Recommend improvements to systems and controls based on observations and best practice.
- Prepare internal audit reports which present audit findings in a clear, concise manner.
- Have an awareness of the various products provided by GZI.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with audit clients both during the on-site audit and during all communications.
- Ensure completion and closure of audit engagement within approved turnaround.
- Prepare regular reports outlining the status of the reports against the audit plan as well as exception reporting detailing the outstanding issues.
- Assist on other special assignments as appropriate (e.g., spot checks, fraud investigations, effectiveness reviews)
- Ensure sound knowledge of the company and its industry by researching background information and useful publications.
- Build audit client relationships.
- Communicate with the audit client and the Internal Audit Team Lead on any issues or findings.
- Develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience.
- Prepare regular summary reports for presentation to the respective internal meetings summarizing the key issues highlighted during the verification visits/audits of the individual programmes.
- Manage the on-going reporting to the Board/BARC/respective Departments in relation to the results of the onsite verification visits/audits in conjunction with the Head Internal Audit
- Ensure regularization of all exceptions by the Auditees through the administration of monthly trackers and updates and obtain of Certificate of Compliance when all issues have been regularized.
- Preparing and ensuring up to date documentation of all audit engagement.
- Assist Head Internal Audit in other assignment necessary in achieving the purpose and responsibility of Internal Audit department.
- Minimum of a first degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or any related discipline
- Relevant professional certifications e.g., Certified Information System Audit (CISA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or its equivalent is added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years of internal audit, control, or risk management experience.
Deadline: 30th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.