The Place is a trademark of Smackers Limited. It is a profitable player in the QSR industry in Nigeria with great prospects and staff strength of +1400 employees. Currently, our operations span across 17 locations (15 stores and 4 central operation units) in Lagos, Nigeria, with rapid expansion plans to penetrate more locations in the short to medium term.
Our current management team consists of experienced hands with over 60 years of experience that spans industry as well as management consulting in foremost multinational professional services companies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inventory Accountant
Employment type: Full time
- An Inventory Accountant plays a vital role in calculating the value of a company’s inventory. Basically, its function is to monitor the net worth of goods and maintain accurate records at all times also to help company determine its profitability and ensure accuracy in valuation.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience as an Inventory Accountant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- An understanding of GAAP in relation to inventory.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Proficient in the use of ERP eg Microsoft Navision is very important.
- Flexible and ability to work as a team.
- Proper maintaining of inventory account to store.
- Managing all inventory shipment among outlets.
- Assisting in the improvement in controls related to inventory
- Verifying accurate standard costs
- Monitoring inventory transactions between outlet and warehouse.
- Reconciling inventory accounts to the general ledger
- Preparing monthly journal entries as needed
- Supervising inventory stock counts and ensuring record accuracy.
- Checking discrepancies and presenting findings
- Maintaining all stock ledgers and reporting variances.
- Document inventory processes if need be.
Deadline: 12th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply.