The Place is a trademark of Smackers Limited. It is a profitable player in the QSR industry in Nigeria with great prospects and staff strength of +1400 employees. Currently, our operations span across 17 locations (15 stores and 4 central operation units) in Lagos, Nigeria, with rapid expansion plans to penetrate more locations in the short to medium term.
Our current management team consists of experienced hands with over 60 years of experience that spans industry as well as management consulting in foremost multinational professional services companies.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Inventory Manager
Location: Lekki Phase I, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- Minimum of First Degree in relevant discipline
- About 8 years warehouse/inventory experience in a manufacturing/food industry
- Inventory Management experience on ERP eg Microsoft Navision is very important
- External or internal audit background is an added advantage
- Microsoft office skills especially Microsoft Excel skill is a must
- Analytical mind with excellent numeric abilities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- High level of integrity.
Job Description / Responsibilities
- The Inventory Manager will coordinate all warehouse and outlet stores activities in a multiple location.
- Develop, document and implement best practice inventory control and management processes
- Develop and implement policies to ensure stock items are properly stored in all the warehouse and stores including cold chain to prevent damage, spoilage and loss
- Ensure warehouse layout is optimally utilized by constantly reviewing layout, space utilization and materials
- Liaise with procurement and inbound logistics to ensure effective planning of stock activities using historic sales data and adequate documentation
- Define minimum stock level and reorder quantity taking lead time of each item into consideration. Ensure this is regularly updated in line with changes in business operations
- Develop effective supply chain procedures and ensure proper communication between central warehouse and outlet storekeepers/accountants in terms of items transferred to the outlets.
- Ensure adequate and timely stock accounting records are maintained for stock receipts and issuance including inter location transfers at all times.
- Monitor stock level on daily basis and ensure adequate stock levels are maintained at all times in line with sales
- Authorise all stock receipt and dispatch from central warehouse and equipment store
- Analyse data to proactively plan for future needs including imported items
- Ensure the rule of First-in-first-out is complied with across all warehouse and our stores. Also ensure that perishable stock like plantain are painstakingly sorted at the point of receipt to ensure that riper/ softer ones that are more likely to perish sooner are used first
- Oversee warehouse and store staff and conduct performance appraisal on a timely basis
- Drive capacity building and training of warehouse and store staff including induction and orientation for new staff
- Define and implement an optimal departmental structure to support expanding operations of the Company
- Ensure regular stock count exercise are performed and all discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner
- Investigate in conjunction with internal audit damage/obsolete or missing stock items
- Ensure implementation of good housekeeping principles within the warehouse
- Liaise with Procurement to define and update standards for inputs/ raw materials: photo of standard, shape, size (dimension/ weight), ripeness, colouration, texture etc (particularly for inconsistent raw agricultural products): eg plantain, pepper, tomato, asun; (fish, prawn & snail etc size)
- Ensure compliance with standards on inputs/ raw materials received into store (thoroughly check, reject sub-standard items, promptly report/ record, track and resolve issues)
- Carry out research and liaise with maintenance to define and update optimal storage, preservation or ripening practices for item in store, and ensure compliance.
Deadline: 28th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply. If you meet the above criteria please send your Curriculum Vitae.