Linx Networks Limited is a privately owned IT and Telecom company that is committed to providing quality services and Business Solutions to our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Support Officer
Locations: Bayelsa, Delta, Lagos, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- The IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical support for a full range of business technology, including computer systems (hardware and software), network infrastructure, telecommunications circuits, mobile devices, telephone systems, and audio-visual equipment.
- S/he must be able to independently assess a reported problem or failure using diagnostic methods and tools, determine the likely cause and take appropriate action to resolve the problem in a timely manner. Often collaborating with other resources (both internal and external), the IT Support Specialist must understand system interdependencies and avoid unintentional interruption of services during troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- The IT Support Specialist (2nd Level and Reporting) reports to the IT Infrastructure and Operations Manager who has overall responsibility for the service desk.
- Maintains full ownership of ticket through its lifecycle and Incident Management process. Ensuring all elements of the process, including Major Incident Management are implemented and operationally managed.
- Ensures accurate logging incidents, service requests, access requests and changes.
- Ensures that for every call and/or reported event a ticket is created in both a timely and accurate manner. This one-call/one-ticket method provides effective tracking of all incidents and service requests. In the cases where a single incident has affected multiple users, this method of creating a ticket for each reported instance and attaching it to a master ticket will allow for impact analysis on the outage.
- Maintains the Lessons Learnt Log.
- Maintains various Policy and Procedure documents.
- Provides first call resolution or triage for all calls.
- Provides reports to an agreed schedule (or on request), including management summary, KPIs and detailed performance reports.
- Ensures updates to the Knowledge Base (KB) with all troubleshooting performed and, if applicable, the resolution is made. 9. Utilizes the KB and other support documentation to identify, isolate, diagnose and resolve end-users technical problems and provide information and status as requested.
- Manages service desk mailbox.
- Manages analyst performance on a monthly basis with a focus on adherence to SLA achievement, customer focus, proactive problem solving and incident avoidance, expected telephony occupancy. 16. Schedules engineers to conduct the incident activity.
- Works with engineers to resolve incidents.
- Supports room-based video conferencing.
- Reviews call logs and trends.
- Completes initial diagnosis and progress all issues in a timely fashion to meet customer SLAs, resolving the incidents wherever possible.
- Escalates tickets to the appropriate Specialists if required.
- Forward tickets/requests to 3rd party suppliers where necessary and manage progress of these through to closure.
- Monitors Risks, Issues, Action Logs, and Dependencies.
- Any other tasks or projects assigned by the IT Service and Infrastructure Specialist. 21. Provide occasional out-of-hours support.
Person Specification Education / Qualifications
- Degree in IT or related discipline.
- ITIL Foundation.
- At least 5 years experience coordinating Service Desk activities in a busy fast-paced Service Desk environment.
- Good understanding of ITIL in principle particularly in the Service Operation space, covering Service Desk, Incident Management, Problem Management, and Knowledge Management.
- Understands and has a strong appreciation of the ‘frontline’ role service desk operations have on shaping the overall relationship between IT and the business. 4. Passionate about customer service and ability to handle challenging customer conversations.
- Ability to prioritize under pressure.
- Good knowledge of server operating systems with a particular focus on Windows Server 2008 / 2012 Active Directory.
N70,000 – N500,000 monthly.
Deadline: 30th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.