Broadway Cafeteria is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Kitchen Assistant
- Kitchen Assistants perform all cleaning, washing, and preparation duties required in kitchens.
- They assist Cooks and Kitchen Supervisors with all tasks necessary to ensure that kitchen operations run smoothly.
- Properly cleaning and sanitizing all food preparation areas according to established standards of hygiene.
- Washing and appropriately storing all cooking appliances, instruments, utensils, cutting boards, and dishes.
- Assisting the Cook with the preparation of meal ingredients, which includes washing, cleaning, peeling, cutting, and chopping fruit, vegetables, poultry, and meat.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floors as well as wiping down kitchen walls.
- Assisting with the unloading of delivered food supplies.
- Organizing and correctly storing food supplies.
- Promptly transferring meal ingredients from storage areas to the kitchen as per the Cook’s instructions.
- High school diploma.
- Proven experience assisting in kitchens.
- A food handler’s license.
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work in a team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Job Title: Accountant
- Restaurant accountant needs to handle the financial transaction of a restaurant daily and needs to keep a proper record of its financial statement.
- The accountant needs to track the transaction and prepare a report regarding the financial status of a business through the balance sheet, profit and loss account, and cash flow statement.
- All major decisions of a restaurant are taken based on accounting records and it clearly shows the financial position of the business.
- The professional is responsible for preparing tax returns and they involve recording, interpreting, classifying, analyzing, reporting, and summarizing the financial data.
- Providing financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data
- Preparing asset, liability and capital account entries by analyzing account information
- Documentation of financial transaction by updating account data
- Recommending financial actions and summarizing the current financial status
- Collecting data, preparing balance sheet, and profit and loss statement
- Handling financial transactions by auditing documents
- Maintaining accounting control by preparing policies and procedures
- Directing accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering to queries
- Coordinating financial issues by collecting and analyzing accounting data
- Securing financial data by completing database backup
- Maintaining financial security by following internal controls
- Preparing payment by verifying documentation and requesting disbursement
- Bachelor’s degree in Tax, Accounting, and Finance
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Extensive knowledge about the data entry management
- Punctual, reliable and must have strong communication skill
- Knowledge about MS office, excel, and Adobe Acrobat
- Able to work in a team and produce quality output under tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail, prioritization skill and time management
- Quick learner with a positive attitude
- Able to sit for an extended period
- Able to lift the weight and look at the computer screen for a longer time
- Experience in retail or restaurant accounting.
Job Title: Purchasing Officer
- Purchasers, also known as purchasing agents, purchase tools, supplies, equipment, and/or parts from various vendors and suppliers.
- Purchasers work independently in a highly collaborative environment that requires frequent communication and may travel to the warehouse and storage areas within the company to complete their usual job tasks.
- Write Purchase Orders: Purchasers purchase items from vendors and suppliers, filling out all necessary purchase orders.
- Distribute Supplies to the Cafe and Production house.
- Must Update Expense sheet regularly
- Monthly price comparison to ensure the company gets the best deals.
- Shop: Purchasers shop for the best available deals on needed items by looking up prices from multiple vendors and suppliers to find the highest-quality items for the lowest price.
- Process Orders: Purchasers process purchase orders, updating digital files as needed to record purchases made, when money has been received, and all other relevant information.
- Monitor Inventory: Purchasers monitor and maintain inventory levels, ordering new items as needed to keep the inventory fully stocked and supplied.
- Ensure Delivery: Purchasers ensure that purchased orders are delivered by coordinating with warehouse and transport staff.
- Negotiate: Purchasers negotiate new
- Manage Relationships: Purchasers locate new vendors and establish working relationships with them. They also maintain existing vendor and supplier relationships.
- Purchasers collaborate with other members of the supply chain, ensuring that purchases arrive in a timely fashion precisely as ordered to keep inventories well stocked.
- Leadership – to work closely with warehouse staff and other staff members within the company, ensuring they are managing purchases properly on their end of the supply chain
- Communication – purchasers work in a collaborative environment that requires coordination with other departments and negotiation with vendors
- Computer skills – to keep digital files updated and manage purchase orders
- Multi-tasking – to manage multiple duties and responsibilities at once
- Organization – to maintain purchase order paperwork and digital files, monitor inventory systems, and ensure deliveries
- Detail-oriented – to find the best rates for purchased items and maintain inventory levels.
Job Title: Receptionist
- Receptionist gives access to other employees, answer phones, transfer calls, schedule appointments, answer questions, give directions and manage the flow of traffic in the restaurant. It is the receptionist who greets anyone who enters the building.
- Greet clients as soon as they arrive and connect them with the appropriate party
- Answer the phone in a timely manner and direct calls to the correct offices
- Create and manage both digital and hardcopy orders and bills for guests
- Deal with bookings by phone, e-mail, letter, fax or face-to-face
- Complete procedures when Guests arrive and leave
- Prepare bills and take payments
- Take and pass on messages to Guests
- Deal with special requests from Guests
- Answer questions about what the restaurants offers and the surrounding area
- Deal with complaints or problems
- Answer telephone calls and take messages or forward calls
- Schedule and confirm appointments and maintain event calendars
- Check visitors in and direct or escort them to specific destinations
- Inform other employees of visitors’ arrivals or cancellations
- Enter customer data and send correspondence
- Copy, file and maintain paper or electronic documents and records.
Skills & proficiencies required:
- As a receptionist, A friendly attitude is an essential quality an applicant must have. Receptionists should also be organized and find it easy to communicate clearly. They also need to be familiar with office equipment and procedures.
- Customer Service
- Overachieving Attitude
- Work Ethic
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Problem Solving Skills
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal Skills
- Telephone Skills
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Customer Focus
- Handle Pressure
- Supply Management.
Job Title: Waiter / Waitress
- Waiters or Waitresses are responsible for taking orders and serving food and beverages to guests.
- They play an important role in guest satisfaction as they are also responsible for checking on customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Provide excellent customer services
- Always strive towards best customer satisfaction
- Greet customers and present menus
- Make suggestions based on their preferences
- Take and serve food / drinks orders
- Up-sell when appropriate
- Arrange table settings
- Keep tables clean and tidy at all times
- Check products for quality
- Deliver checks and collect payments
- Cooperate and communicate with all serving and kitchen staff
- Adhere to all relevant health department rules/regulations and all customer service guidelines.
- 2 years of experience as a waiter or waitress
- Experience with developing a constructive working and interpersonal relationships with colleagues and customers
- Experience with cash register sustem
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Active listening
- Good physical condition
- High school diploma; food safety training will be considered a plus.
Deadline: 30th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.