CCCRN is a sub recipient of the PEPFAR ICARES grant in Benue state. CCCRN promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally-adapted models of health systems strengthening.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community System Strengthening Specialist
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Job Type: Full Time
- The Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award ICHSSA 1 is a newly awarded five-year agreement by USAID, commenced on December 19, 2019. ICHSSA 1 is implemented by Center for Clinical Care and Research Nigeria.
- The project will ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state government to reduce their vulnerability to HIV.
- The project expected results is highlighted as follows:
- Households have increased access to basic services and care for OVC
- Communities ensure that OVC secure their rights
- Local and State Government deliver basic services, detect and respond to child rights violations
- Prioritized targeted services for specific OVC subpopulations delivered
- Coordinate, lead, supervise and monitor all community systems strengthening related activities at the project State, LGA, CSOs and Community levels.
- Ensure the establishment and functionality of relevant coordination mechanismsat levels.
- Coordinate all child protection and stigma reduction strategies at the State, LGA and community levels.
- Contribute to discussions and decisions on improving the quality of services and outcomes on the project community systems strengthening programs/strategies.
- Demonstrate effective coordination of community systems strengthening activities at levels and show leadership.
- Participate and conduct relevant assessments, studies and routine performance reviews.
- Document and report monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually all activities of community systems strengthening in the project state.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- The Community Systems Strengthening Specialist will provide overall technical leadership to support Local Government and CBOs to expand high impact services and implement a priority package of cost-effective OVC interventions
- In collaboration with all project staff provide technical direction and oversight in systems strengthening related activities in the state in line with the implementation standards.
- Provide support and coordination to LGAs systems and capacity strengthening using evidence base approaches.
- CSSS will promote and facilitate child protection strategies through systems and community structures to ensure the implementation of standards in every course of action.
- The job holder will lead the mapping and coordination of harmonized and integrated community strategies to promote seamless community-facility linkages to OVC related services.
- Provide mentorship and technical support to the CSO partners in the project state to setup,monitor and ensure functionality ofrelevant community structuresin project communities to promote community ownership and sustainability.
- CSSS will lead and support the unit, in the development of relevant SOPs, manuals, operational guidelines and train CSOs and stakeholders on the usage including their operationalization.
- Lead the advocacy and stakeholders’ engagement with state, LGAs and partners for the smooth implementation of the project.
- Support the project state and LGAs in the review, development and operationalization of OVC plans of Action and other relevant documents for OVC programing and coordination.
- Coordinate partnership and collaborationamongproject stakeholders in the state (CSOs, government at levels and partners) for an inclusive and integrated OVC service delivery.
- Establish and promote functionality of OVC platforms/coordination mechanisms at the state and LGA levels to strengthen accountability, coordination, planning, policy decisions and data use.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and on-the-job training to relevant CSOs, state and LGA personnel to effectively plan, coordinate and monitor systems strengthening OVC responses.
- Ensure continuous monitoring and evaluation of systems, and capacities at the CSOs, community and LGA levels on relevant areas as required by the project.
- Coordinate and provide support in all relevant studies, research and assessments in the project state.
- Document and report project results and impacts in various forms, including success stories, lessons learned, case studies, client satisfaction, etc on community systems strengthening
- Other Duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory: This position has no supervisory role
- Internal: Systems Strengthening and Advocacy Advisor, State Program Manager, Gender and Adolescent Specialist, C&S Specialists, SI Specialist and Database manager
- External:SMWASD,CSO Program Manager and Officers other relevant line ministries and partners
Agency Wide Competences (for all CCCRN staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CCCRN and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. CCCRN core values are; Excellence, Knowledge, Professionalism, Accountability, Diversity and Collaboration
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field such as Public Health, Development Studies, Social Work or other health related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in Community Systems Strengthening, program coordination and management with preference to OVC and HIV / AIDS / Health programs under a USG funded award in Nigeria.
- Relevant experience in organizational and institutional development assessment and other research related environment including Organizational Network Assessment
- Practical experience in implementing integrated Community based health and referral programs
- Excellent skills in advocacy and partnership engagements.
- S / he must have excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent analytical skills; and demonstrated experience in the strategic design and implementation of OVC and HIV/AIDS programs.
- Strong track record of HIV / AIDS programming, understanding of the PEPFAR 95-95-95 goals and proven ability to produce demonstrable technical and program results
- Knowledge and understanding of OVC issues, Child Protection and Adolescent challenges and policy for HIV Care for Children, and OVC Case Management, in addition to extensive knowledge of key actors in these fields
- Ability to handle politically sensitive issues and contacts within government authorities and within communities; sound judgment and maturity to foster a positive work environment;
- Strong understanding of the principles of the private-public partnership
- Other duties assigned.
- CCCRN is an equal – opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CCCRN’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English required, with fluency in either of the local languages in Cross River and Akwa Ibom.
Job Title: Laboratory Specialist
Reports to: Laboratory Lead
Purpose Of The Position
- Plans, manages, trains, supervises and audits the activities of SDF laboratory and performs standard biological, microbiological and serological, chemical tests in all areas of medical laboratory to assure their delivery in an accurate and timely fashion using proper safety precautions in support of HIV treatment program.
Duties & Responsibilities
Quality Management System:
- Training of SDF Personnel on the protocols for realizing quality from a clinical laboratory
- Evaluates quality control and quality assurance statistics and modifies manuals as needed
- Design of protocols for each activity for efficient quality management of a clinical laboratory
- Tests new and improved laboratory methods and procedures.
- Prepares laboratory notes, charts and graphs and writes up results of examinations.
- Keeps accurate monthly Laboratory Project Records
- Prepares & distributes testing panels for Quality Laboratory Assessment
- Ensure the institution of quality management system in designated facilities.
- Management of staff Performance at SDF Laboratories
- Coordinates laboratory support for PLO and QIP exercise
- Development of standard tools for evaluation & troubleshooting of laboratory Instrument new devices
- Development & revision of Instrument maintenance policy
- Liaising with manufacturer’s service engineers to ensure the feasibility of a product in terms of design and economic viability.
- Conducting research to solve clinical problems using a variety of means to collate the necessary instrument performance information, including questionnaires, interviews and group conferences.
- Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and dismantles and repairs equipment, applying knowledge of shop mechanics and using gauges, meters, hand tools, and power tools
- Liaising closely with other medical professionals, such as doctors and nurses as well as with end-users (patients and their care givers);
- Discussing and solving problems with manufacturing, quality, purchases
- Assessing the potential wider market for products or modifications suggested by health professionals or others;
- Arranging clinical trials of medical products.
Technical and non-technical Responsibilities:
- Meeting with senior health service staff or other managers to exchange findings;
- Dealing with technical queries from hospitals and giving advice on new equipment & assay technique
- Testing and maintaining clinical equipment;
- Training technical or clinical staff;
- Investigating safety-related incidents;
- Keeping up to date with new developments in the field, nationally and internationally.
Trainings / Mentoring:
- Serve as resource persons in CCCRN laboratory procedures training
- Trains or supervises training of other lab staff.
- Preparation of training manuals
- On-site hands-on trainings on general Laboratory procedures
- Case based demonstrations of proper laboratory procedures
- Auditing of the laboratory system
- Setting-up and Continuous monitoring of efficiency
- Design of product technical specification to purchases
- Supervises purchase of supplies and maintains equipment inventory
- Monitoring of product consumption rate
- Monitoring of the storage condition of commodities at SDF laboratories
- Training of SDF laboratory personnel on proper storage mechanism for each product
- Collation of monthly SDF consumption data
Site Mentoring and Supervision:
- Coordinates activities of the laboratory program to assist other health care providers in provision of quality care
- Prepares and puts in place equipment scheduled for use during laboratory teaching sessions.
- Demonstrates care and use of equipment to SDF Laboratory personnel.
- Trains SDF staff and students-in-training in the application and use of new equipment.
- Enforces safety procedures and consults with Program Managers about other site program related issues
- Consults with state lab staff about local problems and interaction.
- Participates in planning services for other divisions within the facility
- Consults with SDF laboratory coordinator to determine equipment purchase priorities based on budget allowances, condition of existing equipment, and scheduled laboratory activities.
- Develops methods of laboratory experimentation, applying knowledge of scientific theory and computer capability.
- Confers with SDF staff periodically to evaluate new equipment and methods.
Education Qualification / Specific Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science, microbiology or a comparable area with appropriate Licensure or certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist, public health microbiologist approved by the relevant practice regulation agency.
- Considerable knowledge of the basic principles and laboratory applications of biology, microbiology and chemistry.
- Some ability to apply knowledge of information sources in biology, microbiology, chemistry and scientific methodology.
- Some knowledge of current laboratory facilities, methods, equipment, materials and ability to perform standardized biological, chemical, and microbiological examinations independently.
- Make and record scientific observations accurately, prepare and present scientific records and reports and observe safety precautions and precautions.
- Knowledge of use of computers for laboratories.
- Knowledge of public health laboratory laws and regulations; sanitary bacteriology regulations.
- Ability to carry out and consult with other program area staff and the public on this issue.
- Ability to deal with staff and the public in a positive and successful manner.
- General direction, working from broad goals and policies only; incumbent participates heavily in setting work objectives.
- Responsible for indirect supervision of the activities of Medical Laboratory Scientist, Medical Laboratory Technician and/or clinical assistants assigned SDF relating to CCCRN Laboratory project.
Deadline: 16th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following Documents to: email@example.com
- CV and Cover Letter as One Single Word document.
- Copies of their credentials.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.