Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client, an Engineering company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for the definition and maintenance of the standards of project management and process.
- Support the successful delivery of projects undertaken by the Company through, debottlenecking, tracking and reporting.
- Assist with advising managers and teams on the best use of project management disciplines and approaches and act as the first point of contact for any project management queries within the Company.
- Timely delivery of all projects to budget, quality and specification.
- Contributes to the flow of communication within the team, by actively participating in team meetings
- Optimal utilization of plant and equipment.
- Prepares and submits reports as required by the Executive Director.
- Ensures familiarity and compliance with all the Company policies and processes.
- Performs other such roles and duties as may be reasonably required by Work Manager or by any other representative of The Company designated from time to time by the Company.
- Understand the deliverables of internal and external processes expenditure requests in line with the Company strategic goals and objectives.
- Establishes and manages processes that support the communication between Construction Managers and project sponsors.
- Maintain and update the project management framework and disciplines necessary to support works manager.
- Works Manager or any other representative of the Company designated from time to time by the Company.
- Executive Management, Quantity Surveyors, Project Supervisors, Process Improvement Managers, Strategy and Marketing Team, Finance team, Operational Managers Supply Chain, User Acceptance Testing Coordinator, HSE, Quality Assurance and Control and Site engineers.
- Assist and advise Project Sponsors, Construction Managers, and teams to the best use of project management disciplines and approaches within a fast-paced, high tech environment
- Identify and proffer solutions to project dependencies that are bottlenecks to project success.
- Support works manager in managing resource allocation.
- Share lessons learned and best practices across programs, building relationships with.
- Proven Engineer or Coordinator experience and knowledge of project management.
- Ability to manage and/or coordinate multiple projects.
- Understanding of the principles and frameworks of successful project management from a support perspective
- Proven experience in providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful project outcomes
- Experience in Construction service industry.
Personal Qualities Required:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills with ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Experienced user of MS Project and MS Office toolset (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s Degree (or its equivalent) in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Certification: COREN, PMP, CAPM, PRINCE 2, ITIL.
Job Title: General Manager, Operations
Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Contract
Overall Purpose of Job
- The General Manager, Operations will also act as the Chief Operating Officer. This is a senior role with full strategic, operational and commercial responsibilities.
- The ideal candidate will have an extensive pipelines construction and process engineering background within Oil & Gas sector and be experienced with fabrication.
- He / She will also be responsible for the following business activities- Pipeline Descaling, Pipeline Integrity Survey and Inspection, Cathodic Protection Services, and related services.
- Establish and oversee budgets, plans, policies and programs that will effectively implement the business strategies and objectives in line with Company guidelines, with the primary goal to increase revenue and improve profitability.
- Coordinate with appropriate company personnel to plan business objectives, set and adjust pricing, develop local organizational policies, coordinate functions and operations between departments, and establish responsibilities and procedures for obtaining objectives.
- Drive continual improvement in all disciplines, with specific emphasis on operational efficiencies, quality, safety, and maintenance of equipment/facilities.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with board members, organization officials, and staff members as necessary.
- Monitor the business units to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits.
- Direct and coordinate organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Determine goods and services to be sold, and set prices and credit terms, based on forecasts of customer demand.
- Manage the movement of goods into and out of production facilities.
- Responsible for implementation and proper compliance with various procedures and systems set in the company.
- Develop and execute annual budgets and mid and long term strategic plans.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a working environment that actively develops and encourages employees to achieve their maximum potential and overcome deficiencies through education and on-the-job training.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new products, use new procedures, and embrace and support change.
- All other duties or tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Strong knowledge of oil and gas operations.
- Demonstrated history of effective leadership and management
- Demonstrated history of achieving results through others in a demanding environment
- Demonstrated technical and practical expertise in pipeline fabrication and construction
- Demonstrated aptitude for business development, product line expansion, and identifying business opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration is desirable.
- Professional Qualification would be an added advantage.
- At least twenty (20) years’ experience in Fabrication and Construction
- Interested candidates who retired as Head of Operations or above will be considered.
- At least seven (7) years of management experience with progressive levels of responsibilities
Deadline: 30th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested qualified candidate(s) should send in their Professional CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job title as the subject of the mail.