TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Coordinator – MSME Survival and Recovery Program
Requisition Number: PROGR01783
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Programs
- The Program Coordinator will lead the overall implementation, and supervision of activities supporting the recovery and survival of youth led MSMEs in Lagos Nigeria.
- Through strong leadership and technical support, s/he will coordinate interventions and provide technical oversight to a network of Local Community Trainers, ensure quality and timely delivery.
- In addition, s/he will be the key relationship manager with the donor. It should be understood that the tasks outlined below are the key responsibilities, but the employee will be expected to perform other tasks that are necessary within the context of the evolving needs of the project.
- This role will report to the Director of Programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
Project Inception Phase:
- Supervise and support the consultant who will be conducting a rapid market assessment to ascertain MSMEs to target.
- Identify and recruit MSMEs.
- Support recruitment of project team members and consultant and ensure they are given the right tools for delivery.
- Develop a detailed work plan for the life of the project.
- Develop a comprehensive risk matrix which will be monitored and updated as new risks are identified.
- In collaboration with the Head of Admin and Finance, develop a procurement plan for the implementation phase based on the work plan.
- Ensure all project targets are met using innovative approaches.
- Lead on delivery of project phases and provide technical inputs in close collaboration with other team members and stakeholders
- Develop monthly project work plan and ensure timely implementation of the project activities
- Monitor project budget spending and ensure it is aligned with donor’s expectation as well as with TNS’ budget policy. Also ensure zero unallowable spend.
- Drive close communication with donor representative as well as project stakeholders.
- Lead on development of required reports and ensure they are reviewed internally and signed off before submission to donor as at when due.
- Lead on project closeout activities using the TNS checklist as a guide.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning:
- Work closely with the regional MEL advisor to ensure high quality monitoring and evaluation through quality data collection and analysis.
- Ensure the provision of quality data on a timely basis for internal project management and external reporting purposes.
- Contribute to dissemination of good practice and lessons from the project and promote experience sharing and learning in the organization and among partners.
- Lead on development and review of training curriculum and get sign off from both donor and Program Director.
- Provide guidance and knowledge to life skill facilitators and partners on livelihood options and linkages.
- Supervise and ensure quality of delivery of all training modules.
- Assist program management and business development when required.
- Represent the project and organization, at internal and external functions, as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Social Sciences Humanities or any related discipline. An MBA will be an asset
- Demonstrated experience supporting and implementing entrepreneurship projects for MSME businesses.
- Ability to engage and advise a broad range of stakeholders, including senior management of private sector companies, employers at all levels, donor representatives, and others;
- Ability to structure and manage complex tasks, including experience in work planning and activity budgeting.
- Excellent networking and relationship-building skills.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills, preferably with project/program management experience; PMP/Prince 2 is an asset.
- Strong writing skills and proven ability to develop excellent donor reports.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office package.
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy in working with numbers.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online