The Nigeria French Language Village is an Inter-University Centre for French Studies, established by the Federal Government of Nigeria to cater primarily for the Language Immersion Programme of undergraduates of French in Nigerian tertiary institutions. It is an autonomous institution within the ambit of the National Universities Commission (NUC).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Ajara-Badagry, Lagos
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the Village. He is responsible to the Director/CEO for the day-to-day administration of the institution except for financial matters which fall within the purview of the Bursar.
- By virtue of the position, the Registrar is the statutory Secretary to Council, the Academic Board and the Congregation of the institution.
- The candidate must possess a bachelor degree (B.A, 8.A. Ed, B.Ed) in French or a degree in Arts/Humanities with a minimum of second class lower division (2:2) from a recognized University.
- Candidates with Bachelor degrees in Arts/Humanities must also possess a Francophone Baccalaureat or DELF B2 in French.
- A master’s degree in relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must have a minimum of fifteen (15) year of administrative experience in a university or higher institution of similar status, three (3) of which must be at the level of a Deputy Registrar.
- Membership of recognized professional bodies is mandatory.
- Candidates should also be ICT compliant.
- Anyone below the rank of Deputy Registrar needs not apply.
Qualities of the Candidate:
- The ideal candidate must be a person of impeccable integrity with the ability to command the respect and trust of both staff and students.
- He must possess drive, initiative and foresight, and must understand the intricacies and complexities of the 21st century higher education administration.
- The candidate must, in addition, be capable of articulating the vision of the French Village generally and be able to drive a vibrant Registrar.
- The candidate must be of pleasant disposition with sound leadership qualities and must be of good physical and mental health.
Salary and Condition of Service
- The remuneration and other Conditions of Service are as applicable to the post of Registrar in Federal Universities. As stipulated by the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Amendment Act 2012.
- The Registrar shall hold office for a Single Term of Five (5) years only. Notwithstanding this provision, Council may, upon satisfactory performance, extend the tenure of the Registrar for a further period of One (1) year only, and he shall thereafter relinquish the post and be assigned to other duties in the institution if he has not attained the retirement age.
- The Registrar enjoys appropriate allowances obtainable in Federal Universities and as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government and Council of the French Village.
Deadline: 26th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Ten (10) copies of each of their applications, credentials and detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting, among others, the following:
- Name in Full
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Present Postal Address and Phone No.
- Nationality at Birth
- Present Nationality
- State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Academic and Professional Qualifications (including distinctions with dates). Photocopies of certificates are to be enclosed.
- Working experience (up to the present status, grade and salary; photocopy of last payslips should be attached,
- Proposed date of availability for duty, if appointed.
- Extra-Curricula Activities
- Referees (3). Candidates are to request their referees to send their references on them to the Director/Chief Executive Officer.
- The candidate shall, in addition, submit a statement on his her Vision-Mission for the Registry, which should not be more than (2) pages.
On the left-hand corner of the envelope should be marked, the “POST OF REGISTRAR”.
Applications with supporting documents are to be sent by registered post or handed directly to:
Director/Chief Executive Officer,
The Nigeria French Language Village,
P.M.B. 1011, Ajara-Badagry,