PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager – Financial Services
Ref No: 206705WD
Job Type: Full time
Line of Service: Assurance
Industry/Sector: FS X-Sector
Management Level: Senior Manager
Job Description & Summary
- A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
- To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
- As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- Flexibility in responding to the changing business environment and desire for continuous improvement.
- Ability to analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Experience interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships.
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Ability to perform and deliver on multiple commitments concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Must be working in a consulting / Audit firm – minimum of 8 years professional experience in external audit of organisations in the financial services sector (e.g. Banks, insurance companies and Pension funds).
- At least 3 years of experience should be at a managerial role.
- ACA / ACCA qualification (or equivalent).
- Demonstrate an understanding of regulatory pronouncements that are applicable to banks, Investment companies and other Financial services companies.
- IFRS knowledge and experience is required; broad ranging audit experience including planning, managing and completing a diverse range of engagements and committed to meet tight timelines;
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills and organizational abilities;
- A proven record of establishing and sustaining strong client relationships and good interpersonal skills; proactive in responding to clients’ problems and strong business awareness to maximize any possible business opportunities.
- Strong leadership skills and highly motivated to lead and develop a team of professionals varying in size.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Participate in industry strategy sessions and identify ways to address client’s needs, manage the introduction of technical experts or specialists on assignments where applicable.
- Present post audit and other reports to audit committees and top management executives to communicate our views and recommendations and obtain feedback.
- Develop strategy, plan and coordinate the audit and other assurance engagements of different clients.
- Maintain good relationships with clients in order to provide quality assurance services, as well as to identify business opportunities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 29th April, 2021.