The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Portfolio Finance Analyst
Job ID: R684
Job type: Full time
- The Senior Portfolio Finance Analyst provides technical support and builds finance staff capacity globally to deliver high quality, effective, and efficient Financial Planning and Analysis services (“FP&A”) for MSH projects.
- S/he supports project billing, revenue recognition, budgeting and financial reporting efforts.
Manage Billing, Revenue Recognition, and Profit and Loss figures for assigned project portfolio:
- Develop and submit accurate and timely monthly invoices to project donors.
- Accurately recognize project revenue on a monthly basis
- Support the project in the management of budgeted profit and loss figures
- Assist the projects in understanding and monitoring corporate budget targets
Support the timely delivery of high-quality budgets, financial reports and financial analyses for assigned project portfolio:
- Review budgets, pipelines, internal and external financial reports drafted by country finance managers. Perform integrity, math, and compliance checks prior to submission.
- Ensure needed data and reports are available to appropriate staff in country
- Provide support to country office in financial analysis activities
- Backfill finance manager capacity in country offices with short and long-term gaps in skillset
- Support country teams to respond to audit queries
- Directly perform all the tasks mentioned above for projects that do not have a dedicated finance manager as assigned.
Develop, train and build Country Offices’ Finance Managers capacity:
- Actively participate in onboarding and capacity building of Financial Manager in country office
- Assist country offices’ financial managers to troubleshoot and respond to donor and project management queries as needed.
Support corporate monitoring and oversight activities:
- Test and ensure that standards, job-aids and other tools for promoting sound financial management practices are complete to meet needs of country offices financial managers
- Monitor projects and countries financial performance and compliance with MSH standards
- Support the projects in developing their annual corporate budgets
Required Minimum Education
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred: Master’s Degree
Required Minimum Experience:
- 4+ years of experience in international nonprofit project financial management or related experience is required with a BA. Experience with complex financial planning and analysis required.
- Experience with aspects of federal cost reimbursement practices, such as the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR) and USAID regulations desirable. Prior work experience with non-USG, foundations and other donors also desirable. Experience building capacity/ training diverse groups both in a classroom and online highly desirable. Experience with collaboration tools like Google Docs desirable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong software skills including extensive experience with databases, pivot tables, spreadsheets, word processing tools and other Microsoft Office applications is essential
- Fluent written and spoken English is required; working knowledge of French is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with accounting software, particularly QuickBooks and Deltek Costpoint is highly desirable.
- Teaching or training delivery skills are desirable
- Experience in successfully navigating a culturally diverse environment.
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Manage work with shifting priorities
- Manage and coordinate a variety of activities simultaneously
- Work in a team-oriented environment while driving for results
- Creative problem solving
- Ability to travel internationally as needed (up to 30% time). Office environment including keyboard use, pulling drawers, lifting papers <10 lbs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online