Nigerdock is a leading Nigerian maritime group with operations in port terminal services, ship repairs and EPC fabrication. The company is located at Snake Island Integrated Free Zone in the main port of Lagos and serves customers in the shipping, logistics, marine and energy sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Accountant
- To support the Treasury Department in bank and cash functions
- Reporting To: Financial Controller
- Personnel reporting directly to this role: None
- University Graduate or equivalent
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task and delegate
- Intermediate working knowledge of MS Excel
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes; Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Solid team player with high energy and go get attitude to deliver results
- High degree of resilience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a similar role or within a Finance team.
- Good experience of working with ERP/Accounting software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity and ethical behavior – sets a good example
- Raising Payments/Transfers to vendors and other company trade creditors
- Production of daily and monthly bank reconciliations for a portfolio of the Company’s bank accounts.
- Petty cash management.
- Bi-annual full assessment and circulation of the list of bank accounts to the business.
- Maintaining banking documents on a daily basis and ensuring all deals agree to the supporting documents.
- Preparation of journal entries and bank entry amendment forms as required Support Role.
- Preparation of general journals for interest and loan repayments Support Role.
- Updating bank/treasury correspondence and filing of monthly tax remittances receipts.
- Tracking/filling of monthly pension remittance receipts from issuing banks.
- Provide support and inputs for the preparation of the weekly cash flow and the monthly cash flow report
- Preparation of the Daily Treasury Reports.
- Preparation of monthly reconciliation of all the Treasury GL Accounts to the Trial Balance
- Liaising with other finance functions for the timely clear down of bank reconciling items.
- Coordination within team to maintain a list of outstanding bank reconciliation items (Support Role).
- Providing holiday and study leave cover for tasks performed by other team members.
- Daily monitoring deposits/inflows and liaising with Company Secretary and team on opening/closing of bank
- Accounts and record maintenance.
- Regular maintenance of the list of bank accounts including ensuring completeness of the list.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply