International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Warehouse Officer will work within the Logistics department of Operational Support structure, committed to provide reliable and compliant support to program activities in order to achieve efficient service to program beneficiaries
- The Warehouse Officer will ensure smooth operations of IMC warehouses and directly manage the receipt, dispatch and inventory keeping of all food and goods that enter the storage facilities.
- Through implementing IMC and donor’s Warehousing procedures the Warehouse Officer will ensures that all food and inventories will be accounted for in accordance to IMC and donor requirements.
- Daily coordination of IMC warehouse activities; Ensure quality control in the process of receiving issuing and storage of goods
- Has a full understanding of warehouse policies and procedures
- Prepare warehouse report on receipt and issues of goods including Donation in Kind
- Travel to field sites to deliver and or receive and inspect goods delivered directly to the field
- Dispatches goods and related supplies from the warehouse using appropriate IMC warehouse established procedures, Goods Issue Order, Waybills and update Stock Records accordingly
- Prepare report of monthly stocks, end of grant stocks, fiscal year physical counts and other physical counts, as instructed by supervisor
- Ensure warehouse best practices are undertaken; display of bin cards on each item in the warehouse; stock verifications on (expiry dates), FIFO / FEFO, generate the commodities movement way bills and gate passes etc
- Maintain physical and electronic copies of inventory, as per formats and forms provided in the Warehouse Manual
- Coordinate with the Fleet Officer for transportation and arrangement for timely dispatches of goods to program locations
- Ensure proper warehouse control measures are instituted such as; the commodities movement way bills, gate passes and visitors logbooks, spot checks etc
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to IMC and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in Nigeria
- Should be actively supporting and promoting safe work practices
- Contribute to a positive working environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Graduate in a relevant Business field is desired
- At least three (3) years of experience in large scale logistics operation
- Experience in North East Nigeria is an added advantage.
Communication and Teamwork:
- Ensure good communication and positive working relationship with the direct reports, and other IMC staff
- Report problems encountered in the warehouse or within the team to the Supervisor
- Propose solution to solve any problem faced and report them to the Supervisor
- Participate actively in regular staff and program meetings
- Prepare weekly team’s work schedule and submit to the line Manager.
- Strong organizational skills and discipline to follow outlined procedures
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- High computer skills on MS Office (Excel, Words, Outlook) programs
- Must have the ability to read, understand and demonstrate willingness to follow guidelines
- Good knowledge and experience with different data entry management software within a humanitarian organization
- Good human relations and diplomacy. Analytical and capacity to organize work and team, to work under stressful situations. Strong organizational and time management skills and capacity to coordinate work across multiple departments and sites
- Experience living in remote or isolated work stations, or insecure locations.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential
- Willingness to travel throughout the project areas in Borno state is required
- Proactively conveying inventory management updates to the Supply Chain Coordinator and all relevant parties, anticipating any future risks, issues or key developments that the wider team should know
- Share key project/local process messages with the logistics support staff, as well as proactively provide feedback to appropriate senior logistics personnel.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Deadline: 27th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should address and send their applications to “The Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates must state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered
- We are an equal opportunity organization so Borno State Based candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Due to the urgent need of the position applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.