MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Applications System Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc. in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience
- Linux and windows servers troubleshooting skills required
- Working knowledge of the Linux Kernel
- Database Administration experience
- Experience supporting Vmware vSphere environment is desirable
- Networking experience will be an added advantage
- Shell Scripting experience will be an added advantage
- CCNA, REDHAT, WINDOWS, VMWARE certifications
Demands of the Job:
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Availability to work overtime in times of emergency and specialized project deliveries
- The Applications System Engineer primarily provides support to the IPNGN Virtual infrastructure.
Specifically, the Applications System Engineer’s responsibilities shall include:
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Apply OS/Hypervisor/Firmware/applications patches and upgrades as demanded, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitioning and RAID configuration as required
- Perform monthly performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all operating system and application related issues.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Perform Server Hardening in accordance with the company information technology rules.
- System Hardware/Software compliance check and update.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online