Applications are open for the British Council Future News Worldwide Program 2021. The Future News Worldwide is a partnership program between the British Council and some of the world’s leading media organisations. The aim is to support young people to develop a wide range of journalism skills and to establish the UK as a global leader in the nurturing of young journalists and media figures.
Each year they bring together 100 of the world’s most talented, motivated and passionate student journalists to attend an intensive media training program. Participants receive exclusive coaching from world-leading editors, broadcasters, writers and reporters, and see how publishers around the world are using technology to find stories and bring them to life like never before.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, this years Future News Worldwide conference will again be online. 2021’s theme is ‘Climate, COVID-19 and the rise of disinformation: how journalism can best serve a world in crisis’.
- After the conference, delegates can join a global alumni network, helping them to engage with one another, implement their learning and continue their professional development.
British Council Future News 2021 Worldwide Programme Eligibility
- Open to undergraduate and postgraduate students aged 18-25, and to graduates who completed their degree course after 1 July 2019.
- It is not essential for you to be studying journalism, but you should be fully committed to a career in media.
- You must be available to attend a conference session on either 14 (afternoon, GMT) or 15 July (morning, GMT) 2021.
- Applicants can come from any region of the world.
- Must speak a very good level of English – the equivalent of IELTS 6.5 or above.
British Council Future News 2021 Worldwide Programme Applications
To enter, you must access the application link here and then follow these steps:
- Follow the chatbot questions at the bottom of the page, answering contact and eligibility questions which include equality, diversity and inclusion monitoring.
- Read and accept the Competition Rules by ticking the “I have read and understood the Competition Rules and agree to the Terms and Conditions” box.
- If you meet all the eligibility criteria, you will be sent a link via email to the next stage of the application, where you will be asked to submit answers to two questions that cover your journalism experience and motivation for applying to Future News Worldwide 2021.
Deadline: June 8, 2021