Selar.co – All-in-one ecommerce store builder for digital products and services. Selar’s at the forefront of the creator economy of Africa. We’re building tools to enable creators in Africa sell any kind of digital product or service seamlessly. In 5 minutes, you can create an online store to sell any kind of digital product, service or subscription with Selar.
We’ve grown to over 8,000 creators, and in the last 12 months, have paid almost $1,000,000 to creators all over the world. We’re just at our infancy, and growing very fast. We’re looking to build a team of super stars that will drive our next phase of growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Content Writer
Employment Type: Full-time
We have two goals for the content we create at Selar:
- Create content that’s relevant to our users and grows our social media pages and engagement, this cuts across various topics. You can check out our blog: Selar.co
- You’ll be responsible for writing 4 – 6 SEO rich blog posts, one of which will be an interview (see our Passion2Profit) series for context
- You’ll also be responsible for generating 1 lead generation document, could be a checklist, report, or mini doc, that will be used to drive user registration and sign ups.
- Create content that markets Selar, drives engagements, which will eventually lead to increased users and growth
- 4 – 6 SEO rich blog posts (including one interview post)
- 2 email newsletters a month
- 1 lead generation doc
KPIs you’ll be assesed by on the job:
- Blog post views
- Links click through when we promote links
- Lead gen downloads
- SEO keyword research
- Creative writing
- Sales copy writing
- Great grammar & punctuation
- Hashtag & keyword research.
- To be successful at this role, you need to Know Selar’s product indepthly – this is the most important thing to us – you also need to be committed, creative and innovative with the content you create. Grammar, tone, and clarity is very key in how we communicate our brand with Selar. We’re a friendly brand.
- N35,000 – N50,000 per month – negotiable, with room for increment as you performance increases.
- Stock options available for teammates that stay up to 1 year.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- When submitting your application, there’s a section called “Message to Hiring Manager”, add links to your best written content, and then share 4 topic Ideas for Selar with a one sentence summary of what they’ll be about:
- 2 generic content (anything) that can drive engagement on our blog – @tryselar
- 2 ideas for a blog post marketing any feature on Selar, e.g our courses feature.
- You are required to share just topic ideas and one sentence summaries, not the full post.