Owens and Xley is a business consulting and advisory company. We offer strategic services in the areas of business advisory, business development and planning to small businesses that would otherwise not have access to the technical competencies available to bigger companies. We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs, and the initial capital challenges faced by small a business, which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that the small business owners still have access to the technical skill but at a fraction of the cost. We aim to help entrepreneurs and small business owners get better business results with less cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fashion Production Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- In this role, you are responsible for ensuring the overall production process runs smoothly and efficiently by monitoring production and embellishment processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee production process and manage individuals in the production team to ensure efficiency
- Hand out fabrics and accessories to tailors and beaders
- Conduct quality control on in-process and finished garments
- Monitor team members to achieve the daily production targets
- Research on ways to improve staffing in the production team
- Stay abreast of the latest fashion trends and product competition.
- 5 years plus experience in garment making / a related role
- A positive attitude to work and be able to motivate a team
- Must be able to multitask
- Outstanding time management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and leadership skills
Job Title: Production Team Lead / Pattern Master
Location: Victoria, Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- In this role, you are to ensure the overall efficiency and productivity of the production team.
- Handle consultations before production and liaise with clients till the outfit has been approved
- Sew ready-to-wear and bespoke pieces
- Supervise designs and product line from development till production
- Ensure fabric and materials for each production process meets the specification of the outfit to be made
- Work closely with the quality control officer by supervising quality control processes and checking all outfits after production; check that designs, sizing, accessories, and finishing meets clients’ specifications and brand standards
- Manage and monitor team members to achieve daily production targets
- Develop and implement strategies for improving production timelines
- Identify skill gaps and recommend training where necessary.
- 7 – 10 years experience in the fashion industry
- A Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or a related field
- Professional certification in fashion is a plus.
Deadline: 30th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.