Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party
Job ID: 2020-1710
Category: Program Management
Reporting and Supervision: The DCOP reports to the project Chief of Party (COP).
- Creative seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the upcoming USAID-funded Northeast ConNEction activity. The purpose of the two-year program will be to strengthen the resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict.
- By targeting communities not yet under the control of violent extremist organizations (VEOs), this activity will seize the opportunity to mitigate the grievances that make communities vulnerable to violent extremism, while building social cohesion within and across communities in northeast Nigeria.
- In addition to helping northeastern Nigerians create a stronger foundation against the violent extremist and conflict threats, the activity is designed to develop local capacity to respond to emerging threats.
- In order to enable flexible and adaptive management of the activity in a complex environment, the activity includes a focused effort on research and analysis of the threats and coordination around programmatic opportunities and responses.
- This position sits in Abuja, but successful candidates must be able to travel frequently to the Northeast, with the potential to be permanently based there.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as Social Sciences, Law, Development Studies, etc. However, five (5) additional years of relevant international development experience can be substituted for the Master’s degree;
- At least five (5) years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of international development activities, with preference given to democracy and governance activities under a U.S. Government instrument – three (3) years of which must be in senior program management, including direct supervision of professional and support staff;
- Experience working in the democracy and governance sector in Africa;
- Prior experience in awarding and managing grants to local organizations to promote democracy and governance goals;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- Willingness to travel or be based in Northeastern Nigeria.
- The DCOP acts as the COP and serves as the principal point of contact in Nigeria for procedural and substantive matters in the absence of the COP.
- The DCOP will be responsible for all day-to-day technical activities and implementation of the activity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.