Tomato Jos is a private equity backed, fast-growing social enterprise located in Kaduna, Nigeria, that believes in the power of local production for local consumption. Our company aims to supply 10% of the processed tomato market in Nigeria within the next 5 years, sourcing tomatoes from smallholder farmers within our network and making high-quality branded consumer products for Nigeria and West Africa. We currently work with farmers in the Kaduna area, and we are building a tomato processing facility that will be commissioned in early 2021, which will enable us to make value-add tomato products, including tomato paste and Tomato mix. Tomato Jos has four key values:
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Extension Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Conduct surveys and collect a range of data regularly from farmers and farms.
- Track farmer progress throughout the season and provide extension support and advice.
- Coordinate input distribution to Smallholder Farmers.
- Monitoring to ensure farmers strict adhere to TJ best agronomic practices.
- Work with other teams to coordinate smallholder activities such as straining, input distribution, harvest, and profit payments.
- Prepare weekly and monthly activity reports.
- Support the smallholder team in the expansion of the program through the recruitment, onboarding, and management of farmer groups across Kaduna State, and immediate environs.
- Support the development and delivery of a comprehensive training program for smallholder farmers and farmer groups.
- Provide regular reports to management through the team lead.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required for the Job
- Must be a graduate from Agriculture Science, Agric Extension, Biology, Rural Sociology, Agricultural Economics, or any other related discipline.
- Minimum of 1-year farming related work experience.
- Passion for agricultural development, especially in northern Nigeria.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to complex, evolving work conditions and environments.
- Displays cultural, gender, religious, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of Tomato Jos.
- Capacity to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be fluent in Hausa language.
Job Title: Senior Farm Operations Operator
Employment Type: Full-time
- Possess experience in operating a variety of heavy equipment for land clearing and expansions such as bull dozer, excavators, backhoes and tractors fitted with GPS devices.
- Coordinate a daily scheduled operation of all the equipment’s in the unit, inspect, troubleshoot and resolve operational issues
- Operate a tractor to disc harrow a field, pull beds, make drainages, spread manure, level fields, roads and pull a variety of farm implements.
- Perform routine inspections, documentation and maintenance on equipment’s; reports defects and repairs to maintenance department
- Conduct formal on-the spot training on equipment operation, maintenance and safety procedures
- Train both new and old staff on equipment operations and safety procedures
- Accurately document daily work activities and diesel consumption for all equipment’s in the unit
- Track and keep accurate record of all equipment request by other department or organizations from the unit
- Perform standby duty, during non-duty hours, as assigned
- Transport heavy equipment’s to various sites or locations.
- Candidates should possess an OND / Bachelor’s Degree / HND qualification with 2 – 6 years work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.