Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Gender – Based Violence (GBV) Services Mapping Consultant
- Over the years, Jhpiego has become a national leader in gender mainstreaming and integration in health programming and services in Nigeria as well as the mapping of services available to survivors of sexual and exploitation and abuse (SEA) and all other forms of gender-based violence.
- Through several government of Nigeria projects financed by the World Bank, Jhpiego has successfully mapped existing GBV services in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bauchi and Ogun States under the Rural Access and Agricultural Marketing Project (RAAMP), Oyo State under the Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP) and currently Borno, Adamawa and Yobe States under the North East Development Commission (NEDC) under Multisectoral Crisis Recovery Project (MCRP).
- As Jhpiego’s portfolio on GBV mapping expands, Jhpiego therefore, seeks a qualified and experienced Consultant to join the team and lead the implementation of the GBV mapping activities.
- Working closely with the Project Lead, the GBV Services Mapping Consultant will be responsible for the implementation of Jhpiego’s GBV Mapping activities within the project’s active period.
- H/ She will work with other Jhpiego staff to ensure the implementation of the donor’s scope of work and ensure that all deliverables are fully met across all target locations within specified time.
Specific Activities: The Consultant will lead;
- Stakeholder engagements throughout the period of the mapping
- Organization of pre-mapping sensitization meetings with stakeholders in the focal states
- Organization of pre-mapping training for Research Assistants
- Review of data collection instruments for the GBV services mapping
- Supervision of data collection and analysis of the mapping working with the Data Analyst and other team members
- Presentations to stakeholders
- Literature review on GBV prevention and response in Nigeria and honing in for the target states.
- Recruitment and management of ad-hoc staff for mapping activity
- Development of Inception Report, Assessment and Mapping Reports as well as GBV Referral Directories and Maps
- Stakeholder Validation meetings at focal states to validate mapping reports
- Development of training modules for the training of GBV Services providers and project staff
- Training of GBV service Providers and project staff in focal states
- Any other duties as assigned by the Project Lead.
Qualifications / Experiences / Competencies
- Advanced degree in Development and Gender Studies, Women Studies, Human Rights, Communication, Public Health, International Health, International Development or a related field with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in development of which 5-6 years working experience in the areas gender, women’s health, gender-based violence (GBV) and human rights defense.
- Understanding of the Nigerian social and political context and developments in the area of gender equality mainstreaming, women empowerment and gender-based violence programming
- Strong understanding of empowerment and gender-based violence prevention and response frameworks
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with government stakeholder and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, the private sector and donors.
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership, strategic thinking, organizational, supervisory and team-building skills.
- Ability to multi-task and proven knowledge and skills in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word processing, Excel and PowerPoint) is mandatory
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and fluency in English language
- Excellent group facilitation and communication skills; experience in multi-stakeholder consultation, and strategic planning
Location Anticipated and Duration
- Abuja with periodic travel to target states from June-December 2021.
Deadline: 28th May, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using ” Gender-Based Violence (GBV) Services Mapping Consultant ” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org