Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Specialist
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Manage networks to ensure they function efficiently.
- Tasks such as collecting network performance data, monitoring network security, troubleshooting issues, anticipating problems, and performing routine maintenance are commonplace for these IT professionals.
- Analyze customer requirements to ensure better contribution to the development of network tools.
- Maintain all telecommunication tools and accessories such as servers and switches.
- Install, configure and provide support to all networking accessories in different workstations.
- Identify and resolve all hardware-related problems for better performance and detect issues for networking strategies.
- Monitor systems to oversee firewall and other network-related improvement processes.
- Ensure networking stability and monitor all work regularly.
- Prepare and maintain networking documentation network and cabling layouts.
- Perform troubleshoot and resolve VPN-related problems.
- Provide updates to Microsoft Active Directory on regular basis.
- Assist in growth-oriented plan and program
- Maintain an inventory of IT property and assets.
- Collect all data in a more organized way to ensure a better IT documentation process
- Determining company needs and coordinating the development and maintenance of network infrastructures with the IT team.
- Ensuring secure and stable server connectivity and testing network protocols.
- Creating internet domains and optimizing intranet performance.
- Testing data exchange and communication between computers, routers, modems, and servers.
- Installing, updating, and configuring end-user networking accessories.
- Monitoring server capacity and performance to keep up with demand in online traffic.
- Running diagnostic tests and performing repairs, as well as developing backup, archiving, and data retrieval procedures.
- Training junior IT staff, preparing user manuals, and providing remote or onsite technical support.
- Enhancing network security, as well as documenting network processes and cabling layouts.
- Keeping informed of developments in network technologies and infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, or related field.
- Certified CompTIA, Microsoft, or Cisco network professional preferred.
- A minimum of two years of experience as a network specialist.
- Extensive knowledge of network connectivity, technologies, protocols, and security.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness to visit client locations.
- Availability to perform network repairs always.
Key Skills & Competencies
- An analytical mind
- An ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Good time management skills
- An ability to follow processes
- Strong documentation skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Commercial and business awareness
Job Title: System Engineer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Installs, configures, and tests operating systems, application software, and system management tools. Ensures the highest level of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Evaluates the existingsystemsand provides technical direction to IT, support staff.
- Overseeing the development and installation of new networking and computing infrastructures
- Selecting the best possible solutions using knowledge of a wide range of available technologies.
- Monitoring systems in the existing network to ensure there are no productivity setbacks
- Installing and configuring operating systems and application software.
- Implementing best practices for system security and data backups
- Anticipating potential issues or bottlenecks and identifying possible solutions.
- Troubleshooting and resolving all technical issues when they arise.
- Communicating effectively with IT support staff to ensure the setup process runs smoothly.
- Liaising with vendors and keeping relevant stakeholders up to date with developments.
- Work closely with engineering professionals within the company to maintain hardware and software needed for projects to be completed efficiently
- Provide clear goals for all areas of a project and develop steps to oversee their timely execution
- Be proactive about challenges or constraints within a project and seek to manage them accordingly
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower, and time necessary
- Assist other department engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
- Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- Establish milestones for necessary contributions from departments and develop processes to facilitate their collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 4 – 6 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience developing engineering applications for a large corporation
- Demonstrated project development and leadership skills
- understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Professional work experience in team building and project managing
- Advanced education and application of business analysis techniques and strategy
- Professional experience and a high-level understanding of working with various operating systems and their implications
- proficient in data architecture and programming
- Performance tuning of application stacks viz. Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX
- Good cloud experience especially in AWS (amazon web service)
- Experience with virtualization viz. VMware, Virtual Box
- Network experience viz. TCP/IP
Deadline: 3pm Monday, 7th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after this will be automatically rejected.