Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
Position Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
- The Knowledge Management and Communications Manager will provide leadership to improve the global management, dissemination and use of programmatic and technical knowledge and information; to improve the visibility of the RISE program led by Jhpiego Nigeria.
- The Senior Coordinator will bridge the relevant work done by project and by Jhpiego offices in country and in the US, and working closely with colleagues, will define KM agendas and topics, as well as harness and package this knowledge for dissemination through different means to Jhpiego staff, client, and partner organization.
- The Knowledge Management Manager will lead and advance the adoption of good and promising practices in HIV/AIDS by conducting the following tasks:
- Using existing promising and best practices, develop implementation strategies and contribute to the increasing pool of knowledge and experts in HIV/AIDS.
- Develop a repository of relevant RISE documents and materials on OneJhpiego.
- Define and produce diverse knowledge; evidence- based articles, resource guide.
- Providing guidance on tools and strategies on how best to engage field staff in an interactive two-way flow of information and communication and how to improve the flow of knowledge and information coming from the field so it can be disseminated globally
- Adhere to company standards for quality assurance for communication materials.
- Actively participates in the development of annual work plans and any specialized technical planning or reporting;
- Work closely with RISE staff to develop information products and learning material;
- Communicate the mission, projects, events, resources and success stories as well as plan and coordinate promotional events and develop strategic communications, to various targeted audiences.
- Identify international meetings, working groups and events that require participation and presence
- Develop IEC materials, job aids, publications and presentations as needed
- Support and maintain RISE knowledge management systems
- Undertake duties as specified by the Deputy Chief of Party and other assigned authorities.
- Identifying capacity building needs of technical and programmatic staff, plan and coordinate KM brown bag sessions for RISE and Jhpiego team
- Develop high-level communications products to showcase the work of RISE to key constituents, including but not limited to the donor, Government of Nigeria, policy makers, partner organizations, the media, and academic and research institutions.
- Identify creative and effective ways to generate and share knowledge with a view to leveraging good practices and improving programs
- Increase visibility and outreach for Jhpiego programs – RISE through development of communications products
- Work closely with the RISE senior management and technical leads to coordinate the implementation of a comprehensive internal and external relations, communications and publications strategy.
- Develop and updated RISE communication plan. execute the communications strategy and plans for RISE Nigeria.
- Develop infographics using supplied data to present core messages and organize complex information into visual representations
- Develop stories/narratives about the work and best practices of RISE for a variety of media.
- Assure cohesion across knowledge and learning activities in- country.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Communications, Knowledge Management, Public Health, International Development, or related field,
- Proven capacity to carry-out research, analysis, strategic planning and work planning activities
- Experience working in knowledge management and communications for public health, especially USAID development projects in HIV/AIDS;
- Experience working with infographics software
- Comprehensive understanding of current HIV/AIDS technical priorities and players
Knowledge / Experience / Skills:
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines
- Strong analytical skills; ability to process and interpret data trends
- Initiative and ability to identify needs, especially in a busy environment
- Attention to detail, consistency and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment, with self-motivation
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
- Capability to develop and implement effective strategies and tactics for accomplishing assigned duties
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Excellent computer skills – MSOffice, creative software, infographic programs
- Ability to develop compelling infographics to support data and presentations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with pleasant and outgoing personality,
- Excellent writing, verbal and presentation skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Position as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as One Single word document
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Jhpiego reserves the right to close this vacancy announcement early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Application Deadline 21st May, 2021.