Baobab is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks and finance companies that will provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs who lack access to the traditional financial sector. Baobab was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance, and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets joining later.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cost Controller Intern
Locations: Kaduna and Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Cost Controller
- Cost Controller Intern is expected to work alongside with the Cost controller in controlling the project costs; This includes planning, developing, controlling, and forecasting the project’s budget. The goal of is to minimize the deviation from the budget and ensure that the project is completed within the approved budget.
Main Duties of the Position
- Posting and Processing Journal Entries.
- Updating account receivable and account payable.
- Head office Petty cash management.
- Documenting all bank transactions for reference.
- Management of branch cash movements.
- Blacklisting of bad customers / staff.
- Processing oftax and pension for payment.
- Assist in daily / monthly reconciliation of bank and General ledgers.
- Spot checks and monthly cash count and asset verification.
- Assist in monthly write off.
- Record of daily expenses incurred by the bank.
- Reconciling daily, monthly and yearly transactions.
- Make payments for daily procurement and expenses to staff and suppliers through T24.
- Prepare daily reports and closing balances of various branches in the bank (Safe Balance Report).
- Other functions as assigned by FC/CC
Education / Experience
- University degree in Finance or Accounting
- 0 – 1 year experience
Job Title: Loan Officer
Location: Jos, Plateau
Employment Type: Full-time
- Promote / market Baobab’s products to prospective clients
- Visit and evaluate potential client businesses
- Visit client’s personal house
- Visit Co-debtor, guarantor’s house and businesses
- Analyze financial data of clients’ businesses
- Analysis of quantitative and qualitative data of client businesses and households
- Prepare loan documents for Credit Committee
- Present loan files to Credit Committee
- Enter loan files in the MIS.
- Conduct monitoring visits to business and households
- Follow-up on loan repayment
- Manage loan recovery from active and write-off client until the last
- Assess the impact of loan before renewal.
- Minimum of HND qualification
- Experience: 0 – 3 years
- Basic Knowledge in accounting, finance and mathematics
- Previous work experience or training in sales (preferred)
- Applicants must be between the age of 20 – 35 years.
- Fluent in English (written / spoken)
- Detail oriented
- Target oriented
- Articulate and well-spoken
- High level of integrity
- Dynamic and motivated individuals who like to work outdoors.
Deadline: 21st May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job title as the subject of Mail.