Butren Investment Limited – A hi-tech agricultural investment firm positioned to be a leading Agric-tech organization in Africa is currently recruiting for the position of:
Job Title: Veterinary Doctor
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Veterinary Doctor is expected to manage, diagnose and treat the animals on the farm.
- Examine livestock to detect and determine the nature of diseases.
- Treat sick livestock by prescribing medication.
- Collect body tissue, feces, blood, urine, or other body fluids for examination and analysis.
- Vaccinate livestock against diseases
- Provide advice regarding sanitary measures, feeding, general care, medical conditions, or treatment options.
- Provide information about diseases that can be spread from livestock to humans.
- Establish or conduct quarantine or testing procedures that prevent the spread of diseases to other livestock or to humans.
- Inspect and test livestock to detect the presence of communicable diseases.
- Train farm supervisors who handle livestock.
- Research diseases to which livestock could be susceptible and advice on preventive measures to adopt.
- Develop medical treatment plans.
- Conduct autopsy and analyses to determine the causes of animals’ mortality.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates should possess a relevant Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years work experience.
- Piggery Management is an added advantage.
Job Title: Farm Supervisor (Pig Farm)
Location: Lagos / Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Pig Farm Supervisor is expected to manage and carry out duties associated with the day-to-day management of our pig farm.
- Direction and Co-ordination of pig farm.
- Co-ordination of key personnel on site: e.g. Farmers, Farm Attendants etc.
- Recording of important information which includes stock- taking.
- Controlling Mortality rate.
- Submission of daily/ weekly report to line manager on farm activities.
- Ensuring Production targets are met.
- Ensuring that the farm is profitable and meets projected financial target.
- Making sure that work progresses satisfactorily.
- Ensuring compliance with government regulations and health and safety standards.
Prospective employees must have:
- A minimum of a B.Sc Degree in any relevant field.
- 4 – 6 years work experience as a pig farm supervisor.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Calm, polite, and professional behavior.
- Reliable and self-motivated.
Deadline: 28th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: email@example.com with “Veterinary Doctor” as the subject of the e-mail.