Population Services International (PSI), is a world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a motivated group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Learning Consultant
As part of PSI Nigeria’s team, you will:
- Co-design tools and processes for rapid, ongoing technical learning
- Conduct process documentation of PSI Nigeria’s design work
- Facilitate and document regular After-Action Reviews to ensure structured, team-wide reflection and learning.
- Execute structured capture of insights, insight synthesis, and resulting decisions using tools co-developed with other PSI Global partners. This will be done collaboratively with PSI’s Sr. SRH Advisor – Implementation Science & Learning
- In collaboration with project, M&E, and marketing leads, develop and execute prototyping assessment protocols, including rubrics for assessment and standards/templates for documentation of prototypes, ensuring alignment with agreed-upon thresholds of evidence and methodological rigor
- Rigorously document prototyping, including methods, prototype characteristics, and assessment results
- Develop tailored and dynamic prototype ‘report cards’ to ensure documents are ready for external audiences’ engagement and critical learning exchange
- In line with donor and PSI technical documentation guidelines, support development of technical publications (grey literature) reflecting process and that critically examine technical strategy and its implementation
- Coordinate and/or continue the execution of Adaptive Implementation as part of teams’ core approach to project implementation.
What Are We Looking For?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them
- Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve
- Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
- Relevant degree, e.g. MPH preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in donor-funded organizations or projects, in the following areas:
- Technical sexual and reproductive health-related roles, and
- Learning and knowledge management roles, including technical writing
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexities of public health programming in challenging operating environments
- Proven expertise and competence in facilitation and team-based collaborative learning approaches
- Familiarity with implementation of structured learning and improvement approaches, e.g. USAID’s Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation framework, DFID’s Adaptive Management approach, the Deming Cycle, continuous quality improvement, etc.
- Highly organized; ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and keep teams on track
- Clear and consistent communicator, able to translate complex programmatic information into user-friendly guidance for country teams and use-oriented knowledge products for external partners, including technical publications, webinars, abstracts, and tools.
What Would Get Us Excited?
- Creative critical thinker. You understand and value the importance of creating respectful and collaborative spaces for teams to ideate, reflect, and think ‘big’. You know how to ensure rigorous, evidence-based thinking is a part of this creative space, so that products are both ambitious and technically sound
- Collaborative spark. You know how to foster teams’ enthusiasm and ability to work together to engage with learning and improve. You encourage team’s desires to problem-solve, helping to apply global and local evidence as teams try new things, and advance toward shared goals for the projects and the platform. You cultivate vibrant exchanges where diverse perspectives enrich outcomes
- An agile executor. You know how to make the work of technical learning and knowledge management feel ‘do-able’ to busy teams. You understand how and when to empower colleagues to lead on learning efforts, and when it is important to carry the work yourself so as to enable high quality outputs without slowing teams’ progress on other primary objectives
- A rigorous detective, and communicator. You are an experienced analyst and a thought leader. You know how to move from field observation to data capture, synthesis, and results, applying rubrics effectively to generate systematic findings from insights, design, prototyping, and implementation experience. You know how to take these findings and develop compelling technical knowledge products.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive resume with a cover letter as one PDF / Ms Word document to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Job Title: National Sales Consultant
Access and Distribution to Misoprostol:
- Nationwide distribution of misoprostol and combi pack and meeting the monthly assigned targets on distribution
- Recruitment of wholesalers from the major drug markets to facilitate the sales of products
- Coordinate monthly detailing, marketing and sales activities to all distribution channels
- Achieve the assigned distribution target for 2021
- Work closely with the detailers to achieve the sales projections for 2021.
Capacity building and product development:
- Coordinate capacity building activities for PSI Nigeria Sales and Distribution department
- Coordinate product exhibition in conferences, meetings and other strategic programs
- Coordinate the launching of PSI Nigeria products.
- Review and update sales strategy for PSI Nigeria products
- Development of performance review documents for PSI Nigeria wholesalers.
- Generate monthly and quarterly progress report and new learnings
- Share monthly sales update with finance unit for QBE reconciliation
- Prepare CTL and Supply Chain reports monthly
- Keep a master database for all sales activities
- Properly file all sales documents.
What Are We Looking For?
- Bachelor’s Degree in pharmacy with 5 years post-graduation experience
- At least five (5) years international work experience including experience in product development, marketing, and sales
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience working in private institutions
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and QuickBooks
- Experience in capacity-building in a developing country
- Familiarity with and understanding of marketing and/or social marketing concepts and approaches
- Understanding of medical ethics principles
- Passionate about working on international health and development, with a focus on all reproductive health issues
- Proven ability to work with many people across diverse background.
- Ability to juggle multiple conflicting deadlines while staying organized and paying special attention to details.
Deadline: 8th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive resume with a cover letter as one PDF / Ms Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.