FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria PLC is a unique multinational FMCG & B2B company aiming to stay successful in an ever-changing and increasingly complex world. We are unique because our suppliers, the farmers, are also our owners. Since we own the entire supply chain, from grass to glass, we can guarantee the high quality of all our products. As we work in highly competitive markets, we need to be agile while balancing all interdependencies inside and outside our company. Next to a supply-driven business, our portfolio consists of many strong commercial brands all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Job ID: 42531
Category: Engineering & Technology
Level: Professional Experienced
- We are seeking a Mechanical Technician who will provide expertise to support technical operations and maintenance of plant and machinery in line with the company’s operational plans and strategy to ensure efficiency of production and services.
- Ensure Preventive and Corrective maintenance on Mechanical activities are executed according to company plans immediate requirements in line with procedures and work instructions in order to ensure efficiency of equipment’s, plant and machinery
- Ensure all maintenance are executed accordingly as at when due
- Ensure zero lost time due to breakdown related to Mechanical
- Support operations technically to prevent and correct anomalies , timely resolution of breakdown and RCA on downtime that lasted more than two Trouble shooting mechanical malfunctions and breakdowns as well as performing repairs. Documenting processes and maintaining mechanical service records on Ultimo maintenance software.
- Carry out facility upgrade according to company’s and statutory requirement in order to have engineering process that results in improved system performance through modification.
- Manages and ensure spare availability, ensure updating manager the needed spares to ensure that the department operates with No downtime as a result of non-availability of spares. Ensure stock level is maintained by reporting accordingly while collecting spare parts.
- Ensure the implementation and maintenance of good housekeeping and safety standards amongst staff and contractors according to SHE policy and procedure, to keep all appliances and equipment free from Fire according to Fire Standard Audit Report. Adhere to safety standard closure of electrical and automation related hazard reported
- Prepares timely reports of activities in line with company requirements, procedures and work instruction to support efficient supply chain management.
- Ensure the use of ultimo to address all active work order raised and there closure
- Updating the maintenance report on Ultimo after completed the PM activities
- Always have a quality mindset before and after carrying out technical activities on the shop floor to ensure 100% quality production output, Carry out good quality services on building, equipment and machinery according to FOQUS and FSSC standards to produce good quality products at all time.
What we ask:
- Minimum of Ordinary National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Strength of material and thermodynamic
- Workshop practices
- Proper use of tools
- Fundamental of machining and welding.
- Minimum of 4 years of cognate experience
- Knowledge on pumps
- Good understanding of mechanical drives- conveyor, gear box, belt drives etc
What We Offer
- We offer a very competitive, challenging, fulfilling and meaningful work where employees have the opportunity to take initiatives and work creatively.
- We also give our employees opportunity to grow both professionally and personally.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online