ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access (EEA) aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Nigeria Business Development Manager, Mini Grids
Location: Abuja, with several trips across the country
Department: Mini Grids
Reporting to: Head of Mini Grids
- The Business Development Manager will provide insights on Mini Grid developing sites and relationships with local communities and key stakeholders, drive the commercial and value proposition to our end customers
- Analyze our current positioning and propose strategies and action plan to secure new sites.
Key Responsibilities, Deliverables & Activities
- Identification and implementation of optimal development and commercial entry strategy for Engie Energy Access Nigeria
- Work in partnership with strategic partner’s to develop Mini-Grids
- Quickly scale up the number of Mini-Grids, clients, demand growth and customer satisfaction
Deliverables and Activities:
- Build a continuous pipeline for Mini Grid Development in line with defined parameters
- Cooperate with rural electrification government bodies
- Keep up to date with offers and competitors
- Perform field studies to contribute directly to the Engie Energy Access offer, services and business development strategy
- Analysis of commercial offers and propose new commercial opportunities
- Summarize insights of the data, implement procedures to maintain and proper use of a database and communicate implications and strategic recommendations for customer experience improvements and growth opportunities.
- Analysis of the regulation framework and possible evolutions emitting lobbying guidelines.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five (5) years of work experience with at least three (3) years of development and sales experience
- Experience working in rural environment and energy access
- Keen understanding of the energy access and/or renewable energy industries in Africa
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in English & key languages spoken in Nigeria (Hausa, Yoruba…)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & Google Apps
- Experience in Marketing and Commercial BtoC in emerging countries
- Deadline driven, organized and able to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to plan and reach targets
- Experience with and ability to effectively manage key stakeholders
- Ability to customize and clearly communicate the EEA value proposition, including quantitative and qualitative benefits to the customer
- Good knowledge of economics and engineering of hybrid power systems.
Highly Desired Skills:
- A solid team player who’s also a proactive and independent thinker
- A passion for improving energy access and the quality of life of our customers
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface with all members of the EEA team
- Education and/or work experience in an emerging economy
- Humility, honesty & flexibility.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online