KPMG – Our client, an Oil and Gas Servicing Firm is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Projects
Job Type: Full Time
Sector: Oil and Gas
- Our client is looking for a Head Projects who will lead and direct cross-functional teams responsible for delivering projects on time, maintaining budget, and delivering quality results.
- The role oversees the planning, organization, execution, and monitoring of various projects in line with agreed service expectations and propositions.
- The role is responsible for developing specialised project capabilities and ensuring that the business is able to seamlessly execute complex and routine projects.
- Participate in the articulation of the overall business strategy and plan as well as the translation of these plans into function implications.
- Take ownership for the development of plans, programs, and initiatives to be executed by the projects team in line with the overall business strategy and agenda.
- Communicate the business and functional plans to team members ensuring proper understanding of implications and expectations across board.
- Work closely with the BD/Commercial team to identify, respond to and negotiate opportunities. Provide critical inputs in the contract development stages.
- Ensure proper translation of awarded contracts/agreements into detailed work plans and packages. Oversee the assignment of responsibilities, the establishment and mobilization of the project team
- Oversee the instatement of relevant project delivery protocols including the agreements of performance expectations and the monitoring of project performance on an on-going basis.
- Define project start-up priorities and instigate generation of lower-level plans and deliverable
- documents by the team.
- Ensure the institution and maintenance of effective Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental standards across projects, drive compliance through proactive monitoring, anticipation, and mitigation of safety risks.
- Work closely with various stakeholder groups ensuring proper engagement with a view to ensure sustained and mutually beneficial interactions.
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance to team, ensuring effective management of team dynamics and performance.
- Stay in tune with relevant trends, ensuring key opportunities and impact points are transmitted to appropriate parties in the business.
- Continually refine processes with a view to drive continuous improvement and value to the client and business.
- Work closely with HR to ensure concerted effort to develop critical discriminating competencies in the projects team.
- Manage key client relations and interfaces. Manage existing relations and, identify and onboard new strategic relationships.
- Oversee management of all project economics ensuring alignment with plan and project profitability objectives.
- Ensure adherence to agreed change control protocol and proper sign off on and documentation of variations prior to commitment.
Key Performance Indicators
- Consistent delivery of projects along established parameters and guidelines
- Effectiveness of Improvement Changes made on Business Processes
- Business Performance against Industry Benchmarks
- Expertise delivered in accomplishing complex Project Objectives
- Ability to manage remote project personnel satisfactorily.
- Percentage increase in booked margin on completed projects
- Business Performance against Industry Benchmarks
- Customer Satisfaction Levels
- Rate of improvement of Business Processes
- Percentage Achievement of Organisational Mission/Vision.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent from an accredited university
- Minimum of 10 years of post-qualification experience; 5 of which must have been spent at Strategic level in project management.
- EPC, Oil & Gas, or relevant industry experience
- Exposure to high capital value projects in a multi-disciplined environment
- Membership of relevant professional bodies including either of Prince 2 or PMP certifications
- Significant Project, Construction, Field Engineering and/or Contract Management experience in EPCOM industry and a deep understanding of sector dynamics, competitive forces, etc.
- Exceptional program/project management skills.
- Demonstrable ability to drive results and accountability of business needs.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Advanced skills in customer relationship building, facilitation, and matrix management.
- Demonstrable skill in creating and managing budgets including justification, prioritization, optimization, forecasting, and reporting.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills to manage a large, diverse team of technical managerial/supervisory, professional, and support staff.
- Superior ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems and make sound decisions.
- Ability to anticipate events and develop adaptive strategies / remedies.
- Knowledge and experience working with Regulators and site audits.
- Good Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate, and enhance performance within a cross – functional environment.
- Must be courageous in taking hard decisions consistent with personal convictions and in the overall interest of the Company,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail orientated and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
- Sound Conflict Resolution, Coaching & Mentoring skills
- In-depth technical knowledge of product lines and associated systems.
- Microsoft Suite Proficiency.
- High level of resilience, determination and creativity- all channelled towards ensuring opportunities deliver/ exceed performance expectations.
- Must exhibit high energy level – self-starter.
- Demonstrable maturity, pragmatic, and flexible approach with strong commercial judgement.
- Must be a creative strategist with excellent organizational abilities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online