Role Model School (RMS) – We are delighted that you are considering RMS for your child’s education. RMS is a Christian school founded in 2001 by Daystar Christian Centre, and we have kept a holistic record of excellence since then.
At Role Model School, we provide excellence in all areas of life. We value education highly and recognize it as the foundation and future of our nation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Secretary / Administrative Personnel
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The school secretary / Administrative personnel works in the administrative office and is responsible for performing day-to-day clerical needs required by the school.
- He/she will be involved in interacting with pupils and parents, answeringthe office phone and transfers call as necessary, mailing school letters, and managing the school calendar.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a School Secretary
- Answer telephone and addresses caller questions and concerns.
- Transfers mail to the proper individual and/or department as needed.
- Mail the school calendarand other necessary information to parents.
- Welcomes visitors to the school and provides directions around the building as needed.
- Types up and contributes to school bulletin or newsletter.
- Assist in printing worksheets, exam questions, and other important documents.
- Sorts and distributes mail delivered to the school office.
- Contacts parents in the event of pupils’ illness or behavioral issues.
- Maintains pupils’ records and files.
- Uses computer database or filing system to update records as necessary.
- Manages and updates school calendar.
- Provides administrative support to the head of school or other upper-level administrators as needed.
- Takes dictation and transcribes documents.
- Attends office meetings and takes minutes.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or any relevant course.
- Minimum of 4- 6years work experience in a school.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Works well with a variety of administrators, and parents.
- Exhibits ability to remain polite and calm when dealing with troublesome students or frustrated parents.
- Possesses basic computer skills and knowledge of word processing programs.
- Is familiar with Microsoft office suite
- Demonstrates ability to think creatively.
- Demonstrates strong writing and editing abilities.
- Maintains a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills.
- Is capable of managing time efficiently.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task effectively.
- Possesses excellent telephone etiquette.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Is capable of handling confidential pupil records responsibly.
- Demonstrates familiarity with basic office equipment such as multi-line phones, printing machines, and scanners.
Deadline: 31st May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.