Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Security and Operations Manager
Job ID: 2021-1950
Location: Northeast Nigeria
- Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
- Creative is seeking a Senior Security and Operations Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded education project in Northeast Nigeria
- The Senior Security and Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing security considerations, including coordination, planning, and mitigation efforts, for the project, as well as managing project operational processes, including supervising the grants, procurement, logistics, IT, and HR teams
- This position will coordinate closely with Creative HQ and Regional Security teams and the Creative HQ Field Operations team.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Senior Security and Operations Manager will report to the Chief of Party, with a dotted line relationship to Creative HQ/Regional Security and Creative HQ Field Operations.
- Provide security, safety and risk mitigation advice and recommendations to the COP
- Ensure that project staff complies with project security procedures
- Monitor and analyze the ongoing threat environment faced by the project and brief the COP accordingly
- Distribute threat warnings to all staff as appropriate
- Oversee movement control and coordination for the project, including driver and vehicle deployment and staff whereabouts
- Oversee any security provider contracted by the project to ensure contractual compliance and performance of their duties
- Report security incidents, violations and recommended corrective actions, as appropriate, to the COP, the appointing authority and the HQ Security Department
- Ensure all new employee/contractor personnel receive appropriate security orientations and briefings
- Verify that all security devices such as locks, alarms, access systems and physical force protection measures are operational or reported for repair
- Work with the HQ/Regional Security Manager to maintain the project Crisis Response Plan in coordination with the COP
- Serve as the liaison with the U.S. Embassy Regional Security Officer and/or equivalent U.S. Government personnel for project security matters, in coordination with the COP
- Ensure that the Creative Sensitive Information (CSI) Plan is distributed to and is being followed by project staff.
- Ensure streamlined operations systems in line with Creative and donor rules and regulations
- Provide oversight over administrative and logistical support to the portfolio of programs
- Ensure an in-depth awareness of operational issues in the context
- Oversees all operations as related to human resources, logistics, procurement, facilities and transportation
- Establishes operations systems to ensure strong support for program goals and to provide flexibility to meet the changing security situation
- Works with the Chief of Party to review operations and objectives, and ensures all aspects of project are compliant with USAID policies and Creative procedures
- Manage and oversee staff responsible for arranging travel and logistics for staff and project equipment and inventory
- Train, and mentor key team members in the areas of administration, logistics, human resources, procurement, budgeting and finance
- Respond to requests from donor and supervisors as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in Security Systems, Security, Operations, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 8 years of general work experience required
- At least 4 years of security management experience in the context of international development; field-based security and crisis management experience
- At least 3 years of experience supervising complex, high-speed, and challenging field operations in developing countries
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience with groups of teams of staff required
- Familiarity with Security, HR, finance, logistics, procurement and administrative systems
- Experience implementing security policies, procedures and protocols
- Experience with operations, logistics and subcontracts
- Previous experience with USAID-funded projects and education projects
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and/or sensitive information
- Appreciation of and ability to work effectively in, diverse work environments
- Previous work experience in hostile, post-conflict environments, preferably in West Africa
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri, or other languages spoken in Northeast Nigeria highly desired.
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online