Accion Microfinance Bank Limited – Established in 2006, began operations in May 2007 on license from the Central Bank of Nigeria. Our management team comprises seasoned and distinguished professionals from diverse backgrounds complemented by the expertise of our technical partners, ACCION International. At Accion Microfinance Bank our core values, business philosophy and methodology distinguish us as one of the leading microfinance banks in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SME Officer
Locations: Abuja (FCT), Lagos, Ondo, Ogun, Anambra, Edo, Delta, Rivers, Kano, Akwa Ibom and Abia
Job Type: Full Time
- Ensure accurate loan evaluations, the efficient follow-up of arrears, and the provision of strong client service.
- Maintain up-to-date client records and reports.
- Build and maintain a portfolio of quality clients rapidly and consistently to reach target portfolio within assigned period.
- Liaise with community organizations, business associations, and individual entrepreneurs
- Identify potential clients
- Sensitize potential clients on all aspects of the loan program: procedures to apply, the terms and conditions, the incentives for good performance, and penalties for late repayment and default.
- Develop an accurate evaluation of each client’s capacity and willingness to repay the requested loan.
- Correctly complete loan application and evaluation process.
- Arrange and undertake business site visits
- Verify and cross-check all information relevant to the loan application and evaluation.
- Ensure an appropriate guarantee is in place and is documented.
- Determine and present loan terms and conditions to the credit committee.
- Participate in credit committees and providing input on other members? loan proposals.
- Prepare and present own loan proposals to the credit committee.
- Develop a relationship with each client to support the business’s success and cultivate loyalty.
- Monitor client business progress to identify any potential problems
- Offer suggestions and referrals where appropriate and within company policy
- To be knowledgeable and known in the assigned geographic zone.
- To build rapport within the community, business associations and leaders
- To be known and visible in the community
- To have the goodwill of the community towards Accion MfB.
- Provide support to peers and others within Accion MfB in uplifting its values and policies.
- Demonstrate concern and build client rapport.
- Implement late repayment recovery procedures of Accion MfB
- Achieve and maintain targets on portfolio at risk and loan loss
- Emphasize the importance of on-time repayment with clients
- Monitor repayment reports daily and client behavior patterns.
Qualification & Experiences
- A minimum of HND or BSC in Business, Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics, and/or related fields.
- Must have completed NYSC
- Minimum 4 years? experience with at last 2 years in microfinance lending
- Experience in a credit of the financial service industry will be an added advantage.
- Ability to assess the character of potential clients
- Ability to develop strong financial analysis skills
- Independent worker; honest and of high integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understand the local area where they are working
- Computer literacy
Deadline: 31st May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: