Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a reputable Construction Company with expertise in the following areas: Prefabricated steel structures, Prefabricated modular container structures, Landscaping, Swimming pool, Water fountains is looking to hire a suitable candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Structural Engineer
Reference No.: SNV / 2156 / OE
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full time
- The primary responsibility is to design structures using 2D and 3D models and computer-aided design technology (e.g. AutoCAD).
- To measure loads and pressures to secure structural soundness.
- To collaborate with contractors and guiding construction workers onsite for the safety, durability of the structure as well designing and planning project details – and on-site to provide technical advice to construction workers.
- To ensure stability, strength, rigidity and make sure the right materials are used for each project, whether it is a new-build, conversion or renovation.
- Design structural components for large-scale projects, including analysing survey reports, topographical maps, zoning restrictions and client requirements to ensure specifications meet project goals
- Research existing and new material technology to determine practical applications, strength and durability expectations and cost-benefits information, and prepare material recommendations for current and future projects
- Create and present structural overviews for upcoming projects, and develop reports that include technical details for engineers as well as big-picture analysis and cost estimates for project managers and senior executives
- Review blueprints, plans and change orders to verify structural integrity of materials and designs, and perform complex calculations and use modelling methods to ensure correct results
- Participate in initial planning and bidding processes, including reviewing environmental factors, government regulations, constructions costs and risk analysis reports to prepare comprehensive study on all relevant design factors
- Use AutoCAD and other drafting software programs to create 2D design documents and 3D models for individual components and overall structural plans according to client needs and project requirements for deliverables
- Prepare documentation for clients covering project plans and progress, change orders, environmental impact findings, ownership transfers and other relevant information
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- The ideal candidate should either have a First Degree in Civil Engineering or other related disciplines.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Good Knowledge of engineering science, maths, physics and building/construction materials.
- Excellent project management and Design skill.
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands and work under pressure.
- Strong planning, presentation, analytical skills and Keen attention to details.
- Strong skill in MS Access, MS PowerPoint and MS excel and engineering software packages
- Excellent verbal communication skill.
Deadline: 15th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.