Imagine Early Years & Elementary School – At Imagine E & E, we believe our role as the more knowledgeable individuals is to help the children develop critical thinking skills.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Early Years Teacher
Location: Maitama, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- As a teacher at Imagine E & E, you will be referred to as a Mind Aider. A Mind-Aider functions more like a coach who mediates, facilitates, prompts, and helps students develop and assess their understanding, and thereby their learning.
- Your biggest job becomes asking good questions, Good questions that lead to complete understanding and mastery of what is being learned.
- Your critical goal is to support the learner in becoming an effective thinker.
- Providing care and support to children in a safe, secure, loving, and comfortable environment to learn.
- Planning learning opportunities that are structured for maximum participation (e.g. individual, partner, and small-group activities; non-elimination activities; activities that require no wait time).
- Motivating and stimulating the children’s learning abilities by encouraging learning through experience.
- Researching and understanding each child’s development stage and learning ability to help you in the planning of an individualized lesson plan.
- Researching and introducing new, innovative, and creative teaching methods and learning activities.
- Treating children with dignity and respect and meeting the needs of an individual child with an awareness of their interests, special talents/needs, cultural background, and individual learning styles.
- Developing children’s curiosity and knowledge.
- Working with others, including caregivers to plan and coordinate work both indoors and outdoors.
- Facilitate the learning of letter sounds and letter names using Jolly Phonics/ Read – Write Inc.
- Facilitate the learning of basic concepts, number awareness, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Observation of each child is key – record observation using post-it notes, observation boards, and observation folders.
- Link each observation to the child’s developmental stage (age-based) to monitor progress.
- Submit a quarterly / end-of-season report for each child in your group.
- Set up learning centers within the Mind-Room and outdoor (where necessary).
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the school.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Education
- Ability to build good relationships with children, parents/carers, and colleagues.
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to work in a team but also to use your own initiative.
- Ability to manage classes well and deal with challenging behaviour.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Patience and a good sense of humour.
- Love being with children.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Innovative and prepared to take risks.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a school setting with children within the age range of 0 – 6 years.
- Minimum 1 out of 3 years experience with the EYFS and/ Common Core Curriculum.
- Experience with 4-5year olds
- Experience teaching mixed grouping is an advantage
- Certifications in Early Years Education and related courses for example Phonics, Social-Emotional Development, Arts, Handwriting, Class Room Display, etc.
Job Title: Caregiver
Location: Maitama, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Purpose Including Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide responsible care for children
- Treat all children with care and compassion
- Uphold all safety standards
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and orderly classroom
- Maintain a professional attitude, respecting family privacy at all times
- Prepare nutritional food choices for children and encourage them to try new things
- Provide enriching educational activities
- Lead songs and learning exercises
- Provide structure and accountability in a compassionate fashion
- Help children with toileting/diaper changes as needed
- Design and implement educational, age-appropriate activities
- Encourage children to participate in all activities
- Help children learn to be “helpers” in the classroom, as appropriate
- Contact parents as needed to address challenges
- Remain in constant contact with families of children via newsletters, conferences, etc.
- Provide many opportunities for children to learn and develop age-appropriate skills.
Provide a Structured and Caring Environment:
- Child caregivers, plan, supervise, and implement a structured learning environment that allows young children to explore their interests. For example, they may read and play with toddlers to introduce social skills such as manners.
- They help young children learn through creative group activities.
Maintain Child Hygiene:
- Child caregivers are required by law to maintain a safe, sanitary, and clean environment for the children under their care. When needed, a caregiver may change the diaper of an infant or toddler.
- They may need to help a young child go to the bathroom. Throughout the day as kids play, child caregivers make sure their environment stays neat and may enlist the children’s help to keep this standard.
Prepare and Organize Snacks:
- A child caregiver ensures that the children they take care of have enough to eat.
- They normally prepare and organize mealtimes and snacks for kids.
- Great child caregivers prepare nutritional food selections for children and encourage them to try new things.
Supervise Play and Rest:
- Since play is so important for the healthy psychological development of children, child caregivers combine playtime with other instructional strategies to aid this development.
- Caregivers create routines to make sure that children have a balanced amount of physical activity, rest, and playtime.
- While children are playing with each other, caregivers monitor for any safety concerns.
Communicate with Staff and Parents:
- Child caregivers are responsible for carefully watching for any signs of emotional or developmental issues with children. When they notice something amiss, they must bring it to the attention of a child’s parents or the appropriate team leader.
- A primary goal of a child caregiver is to create a positive relationship with parents, children, and other staff. They engage in active communication to help keep children safe and make them feel cared for.
Deadline: 30th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using Job Title as the subject of the mail.