White Soul Motors Limited, incorporated in 1996 is a leading importer, distributor and marketer of various brands of brand new and very clean foreign used vehicles. We are a leading haulage company located in Calabar.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Cross River
Employment Type: Full-time
- The ideal candidate would be responsible for tracking and handling our receivables across locations.
Key Functions of the Role
- Manage the entire depot impress accounts including request for reimbursement, disbursement and recording of transactions;
- Manage all trade payable invoices for payment to vendors on due dates;
- Prepare and participate in budget development and forecast preparation, monitor Depot budgets and review variance between actual and budget and report to the HOF;
- Prepare for and participate in annual statutory audit exercise of the company;
- Set up and maintain fixed assets register, comply with laid down process and procedures and maintain a proper fixed asset register for the entire terminal.
- Carry out pre-audits of all vouchers, invoices and financial request to ensure accuracy and appropriateness prior to obtaining final approval, payment and disbursement of cheques.
- Assists with providing support and documentation on internal processes;
- Prepare and present a daily, weekly and monthly financial reports to the Head of Finance as may be requested;
- Carry out other assignments as may be required from time to time by Head of Finance;
Academic Qualifications and Experience Required
- First degree in Accounting or related fields from a reputable university/polytechnic.
- Additional qualification will be added advantage
- At least 2 years’ experience in financial accounting
- High degree of accuracy
- Willingness to work weekends and overtime
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) Required
- Good working knowledge and understanding of basic accounting principles; practices, accounts payable and receivable management, financial management and financial reporting;
- Proven working experience as a Head of Finance;
- Experience in preparing accurate and thorough Financial Reports and related schedule in line with established deadlines;
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Effective oral and written communications, interpersonal and planning skills;
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications and Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point and Financial Application;
- Good organizational skill and ability to manage documentations and make past and future documentations accessible;
- Strong management skills with a demonstrated ability to take initiative;
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, processes and procedures necessary to produce deliverables.
Deadline: 30th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.