Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The PUI Nigerian Mission was officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent humanitarian needs, including improving access to food commodities for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC), later adding Primary Health Care and Nutrition activities. This initial intervention was focused on populations living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC) LGA. The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated programming from 2017 onward in Bolori II sub-ward of MMC, in food security, livelihoods, nutrition, health, and Protection and Community Outreach (PCO), with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. In 2018, PUI also started MHPSS activities. In parallel, PUI is supporting the coordination mechanisms through the Logistics Sector by consolidating and transporting humanitarian partners’ cargo funded by WFP since 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: AirCargo Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Start Date: as soon as possible
Contract End Date: 31st December, 2021 (renewable base on availability of funding)
- Under the direct supervision of the Air Cargo Supervisor, the Air Cargo Officer will ensure accuracy in packaging of cargo content and consolidation of record. S/he will oversee the safety of warehouse to airports before uploading and dispatching to their final destinations.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Participate in the implementation of the day-to-day activities of the Air Cargo Project
- Ensuring the cleanness and disinfects regularly the interior of the truck.
- Uses the equipment provide by PUI cautiously and avoid damages.
- Support cargo supervisor in all activities.
- Loads and uploads cargo from the partner warehouse to the truck and from the truck to PUI warehouse/airport.
- Transports cargo with care and avoid any damages and breakages of the items.
- Protect the items during transportation.
- Organizes the items correctly in order to be able to easily offload and unload the cargo.
- Under the management of cargo supervisor, segregates the different cargo by destinations when needed in PUI warehouse.
- Keep good relationship with other organizations workers.
- Ensure safety of cargo during transportation from warehouse to airport.
- Ensure waybill or packing list are correctly corresponding with number cargo picked.
Priorities of the Department:
- Reconciling waybills with cargo contents to ensure accuracy
- Ensuring safety of cargo during transportation
- Maintaining positive work relationship with ngo beneficiaries
Qualifications And Required Skills
- Language skills: Fluent in Hausa and English (Kanuri is a plus)
- Education degree: Secondary School Leaving Certificate.
- Work experience: Minimum 1 years of experience in a similar position (NGOs/private companies)
- Knowledge of humanitarian actors will be a plus
- Ability to relate and communicate with people
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Able to analyze and suggest improvement
- Able to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Able to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Autonomous, neutral, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Honesty and integrity
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 21st June, 2021.