SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Control Room Technician – M / F
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract Type: Fixed-term-contract
Contractual hours: On Demand
Contract Duration: 4 Months
Employee Status: Employee
SPIE Oil & Gas Nigeria is currently looking for an Control Room Technician to join its work force in Nigeria, the main purpose of the job is:
- Operate unit(s) and associated plant equipment, within limits, for maximum efficiency and output while maintaining environmental compliance and safety.
- Monitor equipment conditions using all indications available in the control room, on site, and portable test equipment.
- Diagnose equipment problems, report abnormal conditions to station management, and prepare detailed work requests for plant defects.
- Inspect plant and equipment and prepare defect reports; ensure maintenance requests are completed to a satisfactory standard; ensure the plant work requests are properly submitted through MIMS or other work management system; assist in planning, organizing, and executing unit outages for inspections, overhauls, repairs and cleaning.
- Read, interpret, and implement technical information found in manufacturer’s and OEM technical manuals, electrical and mechanical P & IDs, and operating and maintenance procedures.
- Assist in the planning and layout of jobs including parts and equipment identification and ordering needed to complete the job.
- Prepare work permits and administer the SAFE Access to Plant, or similar systems, as it applies to the equipment for which the Unit Operator is responsible.
- Conduct shift change by fully briefing the incoming Unit Operator and ensure all Equipment Operators assigned to the plant under the control of the Unit Operator fully brief their reliefs.
- Perform maintenance activities as required in support of the overall maintenance of the plant.
- Perform disconnect switching and electrical and maintenance operations to place equipment in and out of service.
- Participate in ongoing training to maintain and enhance the skills required to perform all Unit Operator and Equipment Operator duties and assist in the training of others.
- Make daily checks to ensure safety and cleanliness of the plant is maintained to a high standard and ensure Equipment Operators carry out scheduled operational checks.
- Prepare, maintain, and administer procedures and reports related to the operation, monitoring and maintenance of the plant; maintain accurate logs of daily operation, check sheets, change charts and ink recorders.
- Read, interpret, and implement complex technical information such as electrical drawings, manufacture data, and operating and maintenance procedures.
- Prepare and maintain quality assurance procedures and technical instructions and actively support and participate in the use and continuous development of the quality management system.
- Ability to operate various switches, control devices and valves, and knowledge of the effect each has on total plant operations.
- Monitor plant equipment to ensure proper operation and identify developing trends.
- Quickly respond and take corrective action to plant alarms.
- Broad knowledge of oil and gas facility operations
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare written and verbal reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Skills in planning and problem solving.
- Ability to read drawings and/or technical manuals.
- Ability to make complex operating decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Computer savvy and experienced using microsoft programs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online