Layer3 is one of the fastest-growing network and security infrastructure companies in West Africa, providing award-winning services, including managed and cloud services, network security, IT infrastructure management, virtualization and mobile device management solutions.
Our unique model integrates best-of-breed technologies from global leaders such as Juniper Networks, Blue Coat, Polycom, AirWatch, F5, Extreme Networks and VMware, coupled with our next-generation metro fiber networks, to offer unparalleled services and after-sales support to some of the most demanding customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Sales Officer
- The Chief Sales Officer is primarily concerned with ensuring the integrated commercial success of Layer3.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the company to meet growth and sales revenue targets.
- The incumbent must combine technical knowledge of the relevant field with strong marketing and business development skills.
- The role supervises Layer3’s Sales, Product management and Marketing Units.
- In order to support our client’s diverse businesses, Layer3 delivers world-class solutions that meet our client’s technology needs.
- You will be responsible for the commercial outcomes and the development of Layer3 taking ownership of the customers and the customer interface with the product or service offering, making sure that all functions of the organization are aligned to meet its strategic commercial objectives.
- You will handle all activities relating to marketing, sales, product development and customer service to drive business growth and market share.
- You will be responsible for securing short and long-term profitable business for Layer3 through proactive business development and management of Layer3 resources based on fundamental understanding of our customers’ business, operations, and objectives.
- You will also be expected to act with strong authority and accountability to develop the business relation and actively contribute to making customers successful.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Team management and performance reporting as well as financial budgeting
- Maximize customer relationships, build loyalty and eliminate customer churn.
- Develop long-term business.
- Generate high-value profitability sales.
- Lead & develop high-performing sales teams.
- Ensure quality & profitability in delivery.
- Penetrate new markets and new customer segments.
- Other duties include:
- Lead and direct the Sales and Product Development team in line with the company strategy to expand Layer3 product/services within the designated region.
- Overseeing and reporting team activities with keen supervision.
- Driving all aspects of sales activities and strategies for the company.
- Responsible for developing, managing, and implementing a commercial business plan to achieve projected sales and profitability through the generation of new business from existing and new customers.
- Responsible for managing and retaining existing customer relationships and contracts in partnership with management and sales teams.
- Actively develop client relationships at a senior level and be responsible for delivering services that meet the market requirements and offering smart solutions to secure new business.
- Developing and maintaining a valid, healthy team pipeline. Growing individual employees into effective and knowledgeable Solution Sales Professionals and Technology Solution Professionals who are motivated and committed to their customers and internal teams.
- Managing a team of Solution Sales and Product Specialists in providing technical support and guidance to our customers. This includes providing and managing customers, where required, solution design sessions and proofs-of-concept (POCs).
- Developing a resource allocation strategy that enables effective opportunity engagement.
- Participating in Business Review meetings with key clients.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to the sales, product and marketing team; train and motivate staff; develop appropriate succession plans.
- Hiring qualified individuals with high potential to succeed.
- Growing and maintaining healthy customer relationships.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Professional training – Sales and partner management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), effective marketing tactics, negotiation, financial analysis, business process management and automation.
- Sales – previous experience leading technical and non-technical sales teams with quotas/targets
- People – people management and professional skills development of employees; hiring, development and attrition experience with teams; readiness and career plan development.
- Organization – experience in successfully implementing new organization models including change management aspects.
- Understanding and knowledge of various Layer3’s OEM partners and competitor products is a big plus.
- Leadership skills, particularly as they relate to managing strategic issues such as revenue growth, competitive challenges, technology trends and other issues impacting Layer3 and customers.
- Ability to engage at C-level.
- Continued progress in cultural shift (humility, stewardship, customer satisfaction and an entrepreneurial mindset).
- Combination of business acumen expertise and technology knowledge to understand how customer business issues impact their IT environments.
- Coaching direct reports in pipeline management, opportunity management, and planning.
- Facilitating/encouraging cross-team account and resource planning.
- Hiring high potential employees who align with current requirements and can grow into future requirements and roles.
Minimum Educational Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer / Electronics / Communications Engineering, Business Administration or Computer Science (MBA preferred)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in an Executive Commercial Management position in the IT Industry
- An extensive track record in Sales within the IT business
- Experience working in the African market.
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
Job Title: Head, Human Resources & Administration
About the Job
- The Head, Human Resources & Administration is a dual role responsible for developing and executing the HR & Admin strategy to support the Layer3 vision and mission. Implementing Layer3’s HR and Admin strategy with the view of optimizing workforce management, enhance productivity and ensure alignment with the organizations business plan and strategic objectives.
- The incumbent will manage the HR unit and the Admin unit to achieve the desired business outcomes.
- The role will also lead and direct the HR team to enable them to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the business; as well as lead and direct the Admin team to optimize the efficiency of the Admin unit. He/She proactively advises on best practice for the HR and Administrative functions.
- The role will lead, direct and manage the day-to-day Human Resources and Administrative activities for Layer3. He/She will provide oversight and guidance to the development and monitoring of processes in the HR unit; as well as oversee administrative functions.
- Working closely with the entire team, Layer3 will create the industry leader in performance, customer and employee satisfaction making her an employer of choice.
- Lead and direct the Human Resource team to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the business.
- Employee Relations managing absence, disciplinaries, grievances, sickness etc. Measure employee satisfaction and identify areas that require improvement.
- Performance Management coaching managers on performance management issues and processes.
- Learning & Development providing guidance on development for managers and their teams.
- Training – Preparing and implementing the training and development agenda; identify areas that need attention and improvement.
- Recruitment & retention – managing talent and succession planning; taking overall responsibility for recruitment activity and campaigns.
- Reward, advice and support employees on company benefits.
- Policy & procedures implementation of new HR policies, procedures, and processes.
- In conjunction with relevant parties, ensure all HR policies and procedures are up to date in line with current employment law. Ensure line managers are up to date with changes to any policies.
- Working with senior managers, coaching them, and advising on all people issues.
- Deal with complex disciplinary/grievance and HR issues, using HR and company knowledge evidencing appropriate decision-making skills.
- Crafting of business and people solutions.
- Crafting of innovative solutions that will make the work environment a fun, but conducive, place to be.
- Develop effective policies for the strategic development of the HR Unit.
- Managing HR budgets.
- Develop and implement new administrative systems and policies to optimize efficiency.
- Managing and liaising with the admin team to improve service excellence of all administrative unit tasks.
- Continuously seek ways to improve service delivery by establishing processes for all administrative tasks.
- Ensure that Layer3 processes and procedures are best practice compliant.
- Involvement in management discussions on the organization’s policies and strategic development.
- Manage Admin budgets
- Deliver strategic reports on administrative tasks to senior management.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory authorities.
Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Job
- In this position, the HR Business Partner plays the vital role of providing support on a wide range of strategic and operational HR issues.
- You will work closely with leaders and team members of Layer3 to foster a vibrant, friendly work environment that promotes strong collaboration, innovation, high performance, and continuous learning.
- Your role will also involve supporting the Head HR with technical skills providing HR solutions or initiatives that will improve the company-wide Learning and Development experience; as well as performance management.
- Support the development and execution of strategy and plans from an HR perspective for the delivery of core HR services.
- Serves as a liaison between the Lagos employees and HR to understand business priorities and assess needs in staffing, organization design, performance management, change management, employee relations, talent management and career development etc.
- Recommends HR solutions, drives initiatives, implements new processes or tools in support of business priorities, project operations and overall team engagement.
- Map out training plans and schedules, designing and developing training programs (outsourced or in-house) for corporate, HR training and more.
- Choose appropriate training methods per case (virtual, simulated, mentoring, on the job training, professional development etc)
- Support the design and monitor Performance Management to enable employees and teams understand the goals of Layer3 and identify how individual and team outputs contribute to the achievement of Layer3’s objectives.
- Manage and coordinate organization-wide efforts to ensure that performance management and performance improvement programs are developed and managed using a data-driven approach that sets priorities for improvements in line with on-going strategic imperatives.
- Support with implementing recruitment plans and strategies designed to fulfil the company staffing needs.
- Use and analyse People data generated by the HR Operations to help the business make informed people decisions.
- Liaise with managers and employees on appropriate guidance channels and act as a point of escalation for key HR matters or issues that arise.
- Develop and maintain cordial relationships with all Layer3 employees. Providing HR support on all employee matters to Lagos employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- 2 – 3 years of experience in HR or related field
- A professional qualification like CIPM, CIPD or SHRM and IT Industry sector practice is desired.
- Strong organization, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to onboard new employees and manage HR tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.