FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human development. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party, OtL, Nigeria
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full time
- FHI 360 is seeking qualified Technical Managing Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates to support an anticipated five-year USAID funded project that will provide flexible and responsive education services for children and youth in Northeast Nigeria.
- The Technical Managing (TM) DCOP is responsible for high quality development and implementation of safe, quality learning activities that will benefit children and youth adversely effected by Northeast Nigeria’s fragile context, including but not limited to on-going and severe communitarian violence, lack of access to safe learning spaces, and lack of access to quality teaching.
- The TM DCOP is aware of the pressures that prevent youth from entering the marketplace successfully and will bring with her/him contextual knowledge of relevant CSOs.
- The TM DCOP will ensure that program components are evidence based, responsive to changing needs, conflict sensitive and coordinated with other education, health, WASH and nutrition activities.
- To that end, the TM DCOP will partner with the Stakeholder Coordination, Relations, and Innovation (SCRI) DCOP to ensure interventions are not duplicative of other actors in the field, leverage activities, and can be integrated in innovative ways in the field as feasible and necessary.
- The TM DCOP will have a major focus on achieving results in all areas and ensuring that sub-awardees are able to deliver services on time and on budget while ensuring cohesive activities across partners and result areas.
- The TM DCOP will participate and engage in technical meetings with partners, coordinating and directing interventions and their timing as necessary.
- The TM DCOP will oversee a team of technical specialists and, at times, act as the Chief of Party, and possess a deep contextual understanding of the Northeast Nigerian Education landscape.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Education, International Development, or a related field.
- At least ten years of experience supporting education projects in developing or conflict affected countries. Experience working in Northeast Nigeria strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing education programing that is flexible and responsive to changing needs and security
- Experience providing formal and non-formal education services at pre-primary and primary levels.
- Must have at least five years of progressively more responsible supervisory experience that involves direct leadership of professional and support staff as well as oversight and evaluation of staff performance.
- Demonstrated success in managing sub-contracts/sub-grants with international consortiums, local organizations, and community-based groups.
- Experience managing large scale activities including conducting strategic planning, work planning, contingency planning and report writing
- Demonstrated knowledge of United States Government rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly challenging political context with multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors.
- Strong understanding of monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) activities and experience working with MEL counterparts to measure, learn from and adapt programming.
- Ability to respond to donor needs on MEAL, and to latch those to any pivots in the context regarding down turns or improvements in the operating context.
- Ability to forecast needs in the education sector as it relates not only to student learning but with regard to civic stability.
- Fluency in English required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online