Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI has been implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition, health and protection project in Maiduguri and Borno State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Finance Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno Cordination
Start Date: 1st August, 2021
Open to: Nigeria Nationals Only (Male / Female)
- Under the line management of the Finance Coordinator, the Deputy Finance coordinator will assist the Finance Coordinator on the good financial management and budgeting of the mission.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Financial, budgetary and accounting management: He/she will manage under the supervision of the Finance Coordinator all aspects of financial, budgetary and accounting management of the mission.
- Coordination: under the supervision of the Finance Coordinator he/she centralizes and diffuses information within the mission for financial aspects of the mission, and consolidates the internal and external reporting for this domain.
- Technical supervision: He/she will provide technical support and supervision to the Finance team within the mission.
- Administration and Legal management: In line with HR policy, he/she supervises the administrative records and guarantee that the status and functioning of the mission are in accordance with the legislation and requirement of the country of mission.
Specific Objectives and Linked Activities
- To check all spending commitments and any purchase of the coordination before forwarding it to the Finance Coordinator for validation.
- Ensure that existing financial procedures are followed in mission.
- Under Finance Coordinators supervision, He/she ensures that all resources of the mission are allocated on the projects.
- Accountable for the mission financial documentation sending to HQ.
- To prepare monthly accounting and sending to HQ.
- To follow up all transactions posted in the accounting saga by the cashbook officers.
- To make recommendations for the update of financial policy & procedures.
- To be responsible for documentation(i.e. update written procedures) and dissemination among the relevant staff(training), in collaboration with Finance Coordinator
- He/she will manage the monthly budget follow-up process at mission level, under the supervision of the FC.
- He/she will ensure that all Managers manage their budgets correctly, that the budget forecasts are up-to-date and donor rules respected.
- He/she will participate at the monthly FFU update on the field and at coordination and give support to the Finance team.
- He/She will ensure throughout each project that funds are allocated correctly and in respect of the contractual framework as regards rules of eligibility (date, purchasing procedures, etc.).
- He/she will prepare the external financial reports which he/she sends for validation to the Finance Coordinator.
- He/ She will be in charge of updating the monthly allocation table for Coordination and of reviewing the one related to each base.
- He/She will be in charge of the financial follow-up of the purchase file under the supervision of the FC and of the update of the planned follow-up in the FFU.
- He/she will provide advice and technical assistance in cost analysis and budget preparation.
- Based on the analysis he/she will suggest adjustments to the budgets as needed.
- He/she will review project budgets developed by the bases within the framework for proposed operations and ensure that they follow the procedures of each donor and implementation partner.
- He/She establishes the provisional cash flow with the teams and transmits the requests to the FC
- He/She ensures that the amount of cash flow for the mission is sufficient for the requirements in the field over the period, taking into account possible donor payments carried out locally in these transfer requests to headquarters.
- He/She ensures an efficient circulation of information to field and capital teams.
- He/She drafts or participates in the drafting of internal activity reports for everything dealing with financial, budgetary, issues for the mission.
- He/She ensures the finance coordination at mission level by regular visits to the bases, controls, monitoring, training, etc
Training, Capacity Building & Team Management:
- He/she will carry out training for the finance departments.
- Coaching for the finance and program departments on budget.
- Coaching for the finance and program departments on OFU
- Capacity building of finance team on FFU update.
- Follow up and ensure FFU meeting is done every month at field level.
- Training and coaching of finance team on budget management issues.
- Review and formalize mission-specific finance procedures.
Administration and Legal Management:
- Under supervision of Deputy Head of Mission Support, ensure that PUI is registered in the Country and the various state services (Tax authorities, migrant workers authorities, national social offices, government planning department etc.) with regard to administrative procedures and current fiscal and legal obligations.
- With the support of the HR Coordinator and in collaboration with Finance Coordinator, organize legal protection for the mission from Abuja level, mainly through identifying one or more local partner able to provide necessary advice (e.g. Law Firm).
- With the help of Deputy Head of Mission Support and in collaboration with the Finance and HR Coordinator take part in monitoring the administrative and legal aspects of project.
Priorities of the Department:
- OFU roll out in mission. Follow up training of Finance and program staff.
- FFU update on monthly basis and according to PUI deadlines. FFU meetings are done at Base level regularly.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Language Skills: Fluent in english, Good knowledge of Hausa Is an asset
- Education Degree: University Degree in Finance, Management Or related field.
- Work experience: Minimum 2 Years of experience in a similar position (NGO’s / Private Companies).
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Good analytical and writing skills.
- Good management capacities and team leadership spirit.
- Computer Skills: good knowledge of the MS Office software including word, outlook. Excellent in excel.
- Good skills in reports and contracts redaction.
- Good knowledge of institutional donor (ECHO, UN agencies, etc.) procedures and financial guidelines.
- Knowledge of humanitarian actors.
- Good management and pedagogical skills.
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills to manage relationship in potentially tense situations.
- Strong motivation to help people in need.
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Well organized.
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience.
- Able to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself;
- Autonomous, neutral, hard worker.
- Able to manage stress and pressure.
- Able to analyze and suggest improvement.
- Able to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th July, 2021 at 6:00pm.