The British Council is the UK’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Department: Business Delivery
Contract type: Locally Engaged
Pay band: 1K
- The Driver will be responsible for providing safe, secure and efficient transportation of personnel and resources.
- The Driver will also be responsible for taking proper care of vehicles in accordance with the organisation’s policies and standards.
- The successful candidate will support in the provision of secure transportation of personnel and resources for British Council in accordance with the organisation’s policies and standards.
- SSCE Certificate
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a driver with an international corporate or NGO
- Valid Nigerian driving license
- In depth knowledge of designated locations in Abuja and thorough knowledge or road signs
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function
- Basic IT skills including word and excel
- Advanced driving skills
- Experience operating in a complex, multi-cultural context
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Participation in previous defensive driver training
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria.
- A driving test will be part of the recruitment process before candidate can commence in the role.
- A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Naira 2,005,833 per annum
Deadline: 4th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online