Archvision Workgroup is a leading project management consulting firm in Nigeria specialising in comprehensive project management services ranging from IT deployment through business transformation to construction project management services. We assist clients with high-value projects achieve their project goals and business objectives. As part of our services, we support organisations in the management and realisation of their strategic initiatives and projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Facility Management Supervisor
Job Ref: F201
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Permanent
- Arch-Vision Workgroup is a leading project management consulting firm in Nigeria specialising in comprehensive project management services.
- We assist clients with high-value projects achieve their project goals and business objectives. As part of our services, we support organisations in the management and realisation of their strategic initiatives and projects.
- All our project teams work with a disciplined, dedicated and highly professional approach to managing projects and delivering business results. Our long reputation for honesty and integrity in business dealings instills the necessary trust and confidence we enjoy from our clients and the teams we work with.
We are seeking a Facility Management Supervisor who:
- In this role, you will manage a facility (Shopping Complex) for one of our clients.
- This Facility Management Supervisor supports the PMO to keep the facility operating efficiently. Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of the building and its facilities that they meet performance standards, manage the cleaning, security, waste disposal, parking, operation and maintenance of equipment.
- This role is accountable for the day-to-day administrative functions and the smooth running of the facility on a daily basis by completing daily inspections, conducting proactive and reactive maintenance and responding to tenant needs and issues.
- Manage the building and environmental conditions so that they satisfy tenants and the needs of visitors
- Develop and execute a system for regular cleaning, repair and maintenance of facilities
- Ensure the building always looks clean and is appropriately presented
- Monitor energy consumption and maintain building services – Lighting, plumbing, electrical, waste disposal, pest control, sewage, fire system, generator maintenance, water treatment plant, CCTV, building management systems, emergency light etc
- Supervise the usage, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment and conduct regular facilities inspections.
- Provide prompt response to requests, issues and emergency needs from tenants in a timely manner
- Update and maintain usage records to invoice tenants accordingly and track invoices and payments
- Communicate clear, reliable and timely information to tenants and other stakeholders
- Build trust, respect and positive relationships with tenants and external service providers using a mix of communication channels and ensure communication is streamlined and effective
- Manage changes related to tenants using the change control process
- Prepare and track the Facility Management budget
- Successfully maintain the facility within the allocated budget and provide accurate forecasts for future maintenance spend
- Advise on the measures to improve the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the facility
- Deliver best value for money on all expenditure
External Service Providers Management:
- Manage and review service contracts to ensure facility management needs are being met
- Plan and conduct scheduled evaluation of the performance of the service providers to ensure their performance continues to provide the best value-for-money & quality service
- Ensure Service Level Agreements of service providers and other outsourced contractors are maintained.
- Check that agreed work by service providers or contractors have been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies
- Obtain quotes and tenders from vendors and contractors
- Negotiate contracts to optimize delivery and cost saving.
Records Management and Reporting:
- Submit daily, weekly and monthly facility management reports using agreed formats and distribution matrix
- Maintain facility inventory and asset registers and keep track of them
- Maintain accurate records of status of functioning equipment and other systems in the building.
- Generate and present special reports of facility-related issues, finances and activities
- Assist in the development of and implementation of agreed cyclical maintenance and long-term preventative maintenance plans
- Develop and implement schedule for regular evaluation of facilities
- Develop forecast for the facility’s upcoming needs and requirements
- Identify and log potential risks and devise response plans proactively
- Ensure the implementation of effective security management procedures across the building
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences
- Lead on raising tenant security awareness and compliance with Security policies.
- Prepare CCTV data for permanent and compliant storage.
Health and Safety:
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that facilities meet compliance standards and government regulations
- Advise management about preventive actions and enforce environmental, health and safety legislation.
- Ensure emergency equipment are regularly checked and in working order including fire extinguishers and emergency lights.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- The Facility Manager assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the PMO.
- This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the role of the Facility Manager.
- It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, and the Facility Manager will be required to undertake other duties tasks and projects as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate or in Engineering and Building Services or related area of study plus relevant work experience.
- 4+ years’ proven experience managing facilities, preferable in a similar environment
- A strong affinity for hands on execution and advanced technical maintenance skills.
Skills and Other Requirements:
- Has good organisational and multi-tasking ability
- Can prioritise workload and multitask
- At least 1 relevant certification
- Lives close to the facility
- Able to organise data efficiently and prepare reports
- Can perform quality inspections
- Has good administrative and people skills
- Is highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Can effectively organise meetings and events
- Has good written and oral communication skills
- Has proven capability as a self-starter and an ability to effectively undertake work independently or as part of a team.
Deadline: 30th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Successful Applicants will work full time at a facility located near Orchid Hotel road, Chevron toll-gate, Off Lekki-Epe Express Way, Lagos, Nigeria.