Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Ref No: 210003UK
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Team: Nigeria Country Office
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Post Type: National
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- Finance support
Key Areas of Accountability
- Writing of Checks as approved by relevant budget holders
- Perform Bank related activities (Pick up Bank Statements, collect office running cash, etc….)
- Conduct weekly and month-end cash counts
- Payment of participants and other SCI cash payments out of the office
- Update daily Cash GLACOS and reconcile cash and book balances
- Maintain proper filing and easy retrieval of finance documentation
- Maintain petty cash with strong supervision from the finance Coordinator
- Update & maintain manual cash book
- Maintain optimum cash balances and advises the Finance Coordinator for cash replenishment (including emergencies)
Financial Information and other support functions:
- Weekly scanning of all approved and processed payment vouchers, journal vouchers, expense claims, program advance returns, program advance issues and uploading unto OneNet
- Assist during audit to retrieve all relevant documents for audit exercise
- Assist others requiring information on transactions to retrieve relevant payment vouchers and documentation for their use
- Registration of all paid invoices on Agresso on a daily basis
- Single Account Reconciliation
- Weekly Bank and cash Reconciliation
- Preparing Tax, NHF, and pension payment schedules and cheques to be remitted to the Tax authorities and the various pensions’ administrators and remitting same on a timely basis
- Ensure all documents are filed and stamped “PAID”
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or line manager
Administrative & General Skills
- Level of Education – B.Sc /HND or equivalent
- Level of IT Expertise: Excellent (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ongoing Professional certificate in accounting and finance
- Minimum 1 years post NYSC experience preferably in Not for Profits/Charities
- Experience in working with partners accountable for grants and other financial support provided to implement project activities, particularly at community level.
- Specified Study Area – Finance / Accounts
- Language Requirements: Spoken English-Excellent; Written English-Excellent
- Must be able to speak at least one local language predominant in that state.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Good training and facilitation skills (for financial training/support to partners).
- Ability to be creative and proactive health service improvement is essential.
- Understanding of local language(s)
- Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handles last-minute demands; exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th June, 2021.