The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Intern
Requisition ID: req17422
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Category: Regular
Open to Expatriates: No
- IRC entered Nigeria in October 2012 to respond to a widespread flood disaster. IRC’s Emergency Response Team, with local partner CISCOPE (Civil Society Coalition for Poverty Eradication), implemented a project to support livelihoods and improve WASH in Kogi State from February to May 2013; 54 communities benefited from the distribution of seeds and seedlings, new farming techniques training, household items, water, sanitation, and hygiene promotion activities. This was followed by 3-month nutrition and food security program in the same location from October 2013 to January 2014.
- Our current project addresses malnutrition and associated health concerns among conflict-affected children in the newly liberated areas of Adamawa State.
Scope of Work
- The Intern reports to the Finance Office Mubi. She/he supports the Finance Assistant / Office in aspects of day-to-day operations of the accounting department in the Mubi Field office.
- Help finance unit in moving documents in the office system for approval purposes
- With the guidance of the Finance Assistant/officer Scan any Finance Document before sending it to the country office for month closing. Common duties:
- Attend and participate in training identified/organized by your supervisor
- Assist the finance assistant when making payments to suppliers, contractors, and program staff based on approved documents and in line with authority delineation.
- Assist the finance assistant in ensure scrutiny of the entire bill for accuracy and receipt of goods before the process for payment.
- Assist the finance office in compiling support documents for audit purposes and returning them back to their original location of the audit exercise.
- Assist the finance officer on documentation, preparation of cash disbursement voucher for all cash transactions related to the Mubi field office.
- Maintain confidentiality of all financial and other job-related information.
- Assist the finance Assistant on proper documentation, Stamping, Labelling, and filing of all financial documents.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
- Diploma in Accounts or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from recognized College / Institutions.
- A minimum of one (1) year of accounting experience including NYSC service year.
- Computer literate with significant knowledge/experience in excel.
- Able to work in a high-pressure situation,
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English.
- Ability to independently organize work, prioritize tasks and manage time.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and open to learning new skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Standards of Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons, and several others.
- IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances. Working
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law