ACTED has been committed since 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, whileco-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 18million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: FSL Database Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract length: 6 Months with possibility of extension
Level: D2-4 (national contract)
Start date: As soon as possible
- In light of the displacement in the northeastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Monguno to respond to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is therefore looking for a Database Officer to support its mission in Borno State.
- Completion of a University Degree in Statistics / IT / Computer Sciences, or closely related field
- Languages: English required (Hausa and Kanuri – added advantage)
- Experienced with use of Excel, Access, SPSS, and other statistical packages.
- The design and management of operational databases and data sheets
- Code and work with ODK and Kobo applications for Android platforms
- Maintaining updated program databases
- Entering data provided into the appropriate software AND data analysis
- Ability to create a formal site monitoring tool for handheld devices (phones, tablets), site residence database and monthly demographic reports
- Ensure timely and adequate registration of IDPs in / out camp, including identification of persons with specific needs in coordination with protection partners.
- Maintaining the beneficiaries’ database updating this database daily based on new arrivals and new departures
- Promptly complying with requests for demographic information by ACTED’s FOOD DISTRIBUTION team and by other partners/stakeholders
- Monitor status of population and highlighting trends
- Treat community members in a sensitive and humane manner
- Create and maintain distribution muster roll and reporting tools
- Installing and maintaining a small computer network (server + 3 to 6). Resolving issues in all IT related distribution registration
- Any other tasks assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of computer based software development and data / information management with NGO ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs
- Experience in MIS / Data Management
- Technical skills such as Microsoft Office, ODK, and Kobo
- Technical skills in using tablets/cells and Android devices for data collection
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian displacement context
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights
- Commitment to promoting gender equality
- Ability and willingness to work and live in challenging conditions.
Deadline: 14th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Carefully observing the details as follows:
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and telephone no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to the Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.